Desktop PC or laptop?

This is a discussion on Desktop PC or laptop? within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by techite How about a powerful laptop / tablet hybrid? Several manufacturers have introduced laptops with detachable keyboards! ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:42am   #33

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by techite View Post
How about a powerful laptop / tablet hybrid? Several manufacturers have introduced laptops with detachable keyboards! It will prove to be helpful if you have to travel a lot.
I would be betting on this one as I am a multitasker and I move inside the house. It would be hassle-free to bring the device with me that's cordless and rechargeable as long as the specs are good enough for my trading hours.
defbtwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:33am   #34

Joined Jun 2016
I use a laptop round the house when I'm not actively trading (otherwise I could spend my entire life in my office) and if I need to access stuff on my main desktop I use "TeamViewer" software program which is really excellent and free for personal use, to see and operate my desktop remotely. This works anywhere remotely provided you have an Internet connection, so it's also good for sorting out other people's PCs without getting out of your easy chair!.

I find this is the best solution for me: quiet, peaceful uninterrupted situation whilst trading but normal interaction with the household when spending mindless hours surfing the Interweb!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:55am   #35

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Nothing beats a 24 inch monitor, comfortable chair and an ergonomic keyboard. I much prefer my desktop to my laptop for actually doing stuff.
HobbyTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:24pm   #36

Joined Oct 2015
To drive 6+ displays definitely need a desktop. Also a lot easier to repair. Just put a new fan in my lap..took me an hour just to take out all the dozens of screws and get the case open.

Can pop my desktops in 30 secs.