Desktop PC or laptop?

This is a discussion on Desktop PC or laptop? within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by Hoggums You may not agree with my opinion but that is no reason to resort to such ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:04am   #25
Joined May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
You may not agree with my opinion but that is no reason to resort to such childish insults.

I have been working in the IT industry for over 20 years now so I know a thing or two.

Read the post and learn your facts before spouting off in future.
What as? An SSD salesman?

I also work in the computer industry for over 20 years. I'm sure you do know a thing or two, but thats it. Epterslloyd septigumf.
Tytus_Barnowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:27am   #26
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi newspreadbetter,
I'm a technophobe too, so I can't help I'm afraid, but the sentenced quoted caught my eye - hence my post. I have visions of you - well, not actually you as I don't know what you look like - but of someone wandering from room to room to gain a different perspective on the markets. You'll have to keep a record and let us know which room is most profitable for you and which one accounts for most of your losses!

Tim.
He might have do some housework before the dragon gets home! Washing up, ironing, scrubbing the floor, dusting but, If he's lucky, reading with a glass of Chateausomething in the garden or, maybe he's on a treadmill in the basement.

The mind boggles at the freedom that a laptop allows you!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:30am   #27

Joined Feb 2016
Honestly I prefer a laptop simply due to the fact I have an active life and not always can be around my home PC during trading hours. So laptop is an ideal solution if you need access to your trades couple times a day. But this doesn't imply to swing traders of course, since they need to be around their monitors for a whole day long.
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:40pm   #28

Joined Mar 2014
From a practical perspective, you're much less likely to ruin a desk top with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and less likely to drop it. They're less attractive to burglars and you get better performance for less money - Just my two cents worth
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Tytus_Barnowl
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:35pm   #29

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
From a practical perspective, you're much less likely to ruin a desk top with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and less likely to drop it. They're less attractive to burglars and you get better performance for less money - Just my two cents worth
Honestly I don't think it's a good idea to sip wine while trading, whatever the PC you're using
Thanks! The following members like this post: Tytus_Barnowl
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:31pm   #30

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaysev36 View Post
Honestly I don't think it's a good idea to sip wine while trading, whatever the PC you're using
Hey, I'm living the dream
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:24am   #31

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hey, I'm living the dream
Guess this might be a nice motivation for successful trades tho
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:43pm   #32
Joined May 2013
There is a problem with replacing keyboards though, a usb from pc world or sainsburys is about 15 quid. A branded laptop will cost 10 times that if you include the fitting. Be careful not to jeeiz too much over it.
Tytus_Barnowl is offline   Reply With Quote