Bloomberg excel add in

This is a discussion on Bloomberg excel add in within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hello, I'm trying to make a function in excel with the Bloomberg add-in so that it pulls a foreign HP ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:08pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Bloomberg excel add in

Hello,

I'm trying to make a function in excel with the Bloomberg add-in so that it pulls a foreign HP price but in USD. I have an excel sheet already setup to pull the HP prices for US securities but not for foreign securities in USD. The formula I'm currently using is: =BDP($B2&$D2, E$1) where B2 is the cusip I'm looking for, D2 is "Equity Cusip" and E1 is "Last Price". The above formula does not pull any forgein prices at all. What I currently do to get these foreign prices is manually type in the Bloomberg eg: "TLM CN equity HP" and I have to change the currency from CAD to USD. My question is:

1. Can a formula like this be created?

2. can you help me with the formula because I can't figure it out through the function creator in excel?

Thank you,

LT
LT728 is offline   Reply With Quote