buy new pc need help

This is a discussion on buy new pc need help within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; hello tech people.I;m looking to buy a new pc but don't know too much about it.Can you please click on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:10am   #1
Joined Feb 2009
buy new pc need help

hello tech people.I;m looking to buy a new pc but don't know too much about it.Can you please click on this link real quickly and just have a look.I want to know if this pc is the type with 2 processorts or cpu;s.Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.compuden.co.za/products?p...category_id=32
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:42pm   #2

Joined Jul 2004
Re: buy new pc need help

CORE 2DUO E7500 2.9GHZ
2GB/ 500GB HDD
DVD/RW
KEYBOARD/MOUSE
NO SOFWARE

no, thats one duel-core E7500 chip
A Dashing Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:15pm   #3
Joined Feb 2009

Christiaan started this thread thanks i thought that i such a small diffrence in price cannot deliver a pc that much faster.What is the pc's with 2 cpu's called?I wonder if it is even available in south-africa
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:04am   #4

Joined Nov 2003

A pc with quad core CPU has got to be better...it should be able to process faster and better than a duel
wheezergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:18pm   #5

Joined Jun 2005

Consider:
1. Type of trading you wish to do
2. Budget
3. Buy accordingly.

For most trading basics, any PC will do. As your requirements become more sophisticated so will your hardware and budget!

If you're unsure and don't have unlimited money, just use the cheapest PC you already have, note any shortcomings and upgrade accordingly. Your biggest speed bottleneck is likely to be your internet connection - and your processor won't cure that.

If you buy new and want Intel, the best value bang for buck seems to be the Sandybridge processors - excellent "sweetspot" Core i5 / i3 - will do most things very nicely. However, even an old Celeron for scrapyard prices will do you for trading most stuff.

Last edited by 0007; Apr 8, 2011 at 12:25pm.
0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:22pm   #6

Joined Jul 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
thanks i thought that i such a small diffrence in price cannot deliver a pc that much faster.What is the pc's with 2 cpu's called?I wonder if it is even available in south-africa
A dual CPU machine. Typically the motherboards in them are gonna be server mobo's. Trader-spec boxes, at my place at least (a large well-known investment bank), are dual CPU with each CPU having 6 cores.
A Dashing Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:20pm   #7
Joined Feb 2009

Christiaan started this thread i don't think they are available in south-africa.We are always a couple of years behind in tecnology.I will get my new pc in three weeks and then i will scalp the 1m frame.Now i know that trading the 1m frame is suppose to be impossible but this system get's awesome reviews on forex peace army.I've seen it work on the 15m frame and according to some of the users it works pretty well on the 1m frame.

Plus i can't wait to have access to some new games once i've added a gforce ofcourse.: