T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

This is a discussion on T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems) within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers Yeah it is better to start 1 thread with 50 nicks than 80 threads with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:44pm   #331

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Yeah it is better to start 1 thread with 50 nicks than 80 threads with 1 nick, by Dark Tone who can not trade
Well, thats not very nice is it!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:07am   #332
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread We're aware of an issue with the right hand ad banner in the forums. If you resize your browser window, at least in Chrome/Mac, after the page has loaded and the banner has appeared, it stays fixed in position, so can overlap the forum posts. Working on a fix today...
Attached Thumbnails
screen-shot-2018-06-25-10.01.37.png  
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:02am   #333

Joined Feb 2008
Site is running extremely slow. Having difficulty in uploading screenshots of my platform to update journal. On a hard line connection running over 90mb download, 15+mb upload on desktop - same on laptop. Also same problem on mobile device, handheld with or without wifi or 4G

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:50am   #334
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Thanks for the heads-up Lee, I'm having the exact same problems. I suspect it's some sort of networking issue with our dedicated hosting provider SoftLayer. I've logged a ticket with them and awaiting further updates.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:40pm   #335

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread So, despite my last comment, it appears the cause was a DDOS attack. We've put some additional measures in place and that seems to be working. Site is nice and fast for me now. Do let me know if you experience any further slowdowns.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:35pm   #336

Joined Feb 2012
Really slow at the moment Sharky, Every other site appears ok.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:36pm   #337

Joined Feb 2012
Appears ok now,

Last edited by mike.; Jun 29, 2018 at 9:15pm.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:33am   #338

Joined Jan 2004
hi Sharky,

Is it possible to add a button for "Go To Page Top"?
(Like on ebay)

Some threads can be long, and scrolling to top to refresh or get to "Last Posts" button is cumbersome.

I know Fn-Home works as a "page-top", but would be good to have a clickable button.

thanks
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:38am   #339
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Try press f5 to reload the page
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendie View Post
hi Sharky,

Is it possible to add a button for "Go To Page Top"?
(Like on ebay)

Some threads can be long, and scrolling to top to refresh or get to "Last Posts" button is cumbersome.

I know Fn-Home works as a "page-top", but would be good to have a clickable button.

thanks
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:40am   #340

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Try press f5 to reload the page

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
F5 works, as you say, to refresh the page you are currently on.

But, if you want to see new posts across all the forums, you have to go to page-top, and hit "New Posts".
(you might be monitoring multiple threads)
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:21pm   #341

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Sure @trendie, sounds like a good idea! I'd planned to add "previous page", "next page" buttons, we can add "top of page" at the same time.. We'll add it next week.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:23pm   #342

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Appears ok now,
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:50pm   #343

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Apologies, forums went down for about 20 mins just now. Now fixed, and working on the root cause.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:24pm   #344
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Apologies, forums went down for about 20 mins just now. Now fixed, and working on the root cause.
Rothschild's... definitely the Rothschild's
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:07pm   #345

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread We ran into some technical problems which affected the site this afternoon. We're back up and running for now, and investigating the cause of the issues. Thanks for your patience!