Moderation

This is a discussion on Moderation within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by counter_violent Well, while you work on that...i'll send out for more tea and biscuits...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:04pm   #31
Joined Apr 2006
Re: Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Well, while you work on that...i'll send out for more tea and biscuits
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: counter_violent
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:31pm   #32

Joined Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
it would have to be a huge board imo. with 5 mods on i will guarantee you'll be tripping over each other big time.

but have fun with it, don't feel too peeved when you spend several minutes editing a thread to keep it live. only to find your masterpiece has been deleted while you edit
I actually moderate on another, smaller board that has 6 mods, so I agree with you. For better or worse.

I don't think it's that bad, though. Most of the time the most you'll get is a "this thread has already been moved" message or something. Only hurts your pride if you wanted to get there first.

~Tom Wiswell
VielGeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:25am   #33

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
So without further delay, let me welcome tar, vielgeld and ffsear to the moderation team. They will have full moderation powers from day one.

Please help them to do their jobs properly and remember they are your moderators. They are here to make sure that the community is a good place to be and that everyone involved works within the guidelines, dealing appropriately with those that don’t and doing this free from staff influence and attacks from their fellow members.

How do you pronounce that name?

Doesn't bode well as a moderator name to me. Of all the names one can pick - that's pretty lame one to favour...

Call me old fashioned if you must

There is the possibility I have misinterpreted the abbreviations and happy to be corrected.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:08am   #34

Joined Oct 2006

fire over the list of "moderator names" and i'll pick one
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:21pm   #35

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
fire over the list of "moderator names" and i'll pick one
There you go old boy - most appropriate would you not agree? Feel free to let your imagination run riot. I'm not fussy or anything

HearNoEvil
SeeNoEvil
SpeakNoEvil

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:15pm   #36

Joined Jan 2012

Can you ask Shakone to be a moderator as well?

I like his no nonsense approach - and would grant him full deleting/banning powers
ZEN archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen , Atilla , Liquid validity
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:18pm   #37
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN archer View Post
Can you ask Shakone to be a moderator as well?

I like his no nonsense approach - and would grant him full deleting/banning powers
That would be fun
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:25pm   #38

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
That would be fun
depends, 15 would be swiftly dispatched, i do like his comebacks, also who then would be a foil for joe?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:53pm   #39

Joined Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
That would be fun
I was thinking about few other members, but that could be extreme

Anyway I think Shakone as a moderator with full powers to delete/ban on the spot would improve the quality considerably

Last edited by ZEN archer; Mar 17, 2013 at 6:08pm.
ZEN archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:53pm   #40

Joined Jul 2012

Steve started this thread I'll let Mr Shakone reply to this.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: ZEN archer
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:10pm   #41
Joined Jun 2011

"... behead joe and 15"

Bite me. I don't think there's anything for me here. Just a bunch of loosers and those on the brink. I have commented long ago that this had been the most value-less forums I had ever used. The situation hadn't changed even after giving it considerable time. With the lulz drying up, there's not much going for it.

Interaction between people generally creates value for all. None that I could see.

When I first joined, this place was thriving. I left briefly then came back and suddenly the place was like a ghost town. Now, it's spammas' hangout central. This place clearly has been moderated to death. It might seem illogical, but doing the "right thing" is not always the right thing to do. To be successful, you really got to have a little extra something.

Last edited by BeginnerJoe; Mar 17, 2013 at 6:21pm.
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:13pm   #42
Joined Oct 2006

Thank you for contributing your own valueless posts, you've certainly done your bit to get us to where we are.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tar , cablemonster , Liquid validity , Atilla
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:53pm   #43
Joined Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Thank you for contributing your own valueless posts, you've certainly done your bit to get us to where we are.
Crazy isnt it. The 15min tlb deluional guy who escaped fron rampton is another one. If I owned a business and some clown continually shat on it I know what I would do.
cablemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:59pm   #44

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablemonster View Post
Crazy isnt it. The 15min tlb deluional guy who escaped fron rampton is another one. If I owned a business and some clown continually shat on it I know what I would do.
i see today they have taken exception to a link he posted. so guess maybe they're setting up a link spam charge sheet to get him??

free the 15 link i say, it surely wasn't bad was it?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:10pm   #45
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
i see today they have taken exception to a link he posted. so guess maybe they're setting up a link spam charge sheet to get him??

free the 15 link i say, it surely wasn't bad was it?
No it wasn't , same goes for the last few posts here which will be deleted shortly
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen