Invisible mode

This is a discussion on Invisible mode within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; An increasing number of members are using invisible mode, i.e. when they are viewing a particular thread their presence is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 31, 2005, 11:02pm   #1

Joined Mar 2003
Invisible mode

An increasing number of members are using invisible mode, i.e. when they are viewing a particular thread their presence is hidden. May I disingenuously ask why members do this? I find it interesting, for some reason.
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 11:13pm   #2

Joined Apr 2004
Because it is the latest fashion Frugi.
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 11:17pm   #3

Joined May 2003
Simple, my priority during the trading day is trading, I make contributions and answer questions when I have time, by being invisible people are not readily prone to jump to the conclusion that I am ignoring them if it takes an unusually long time to respond.
Ane example of such a thing can be found here.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/show...8&postcount=28
Old May 31, 2005, 11:42pm   #4
pb
Joined Apr 2004
Are you really surprised? What does that tell you about the current state of T2W? Draw your own conclusion Frugikins...

'nuff said, gotta go back to my invisible state...catch you later...
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:49am   #5
Joined Sep 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetrader
Ane example of such a thing can be found here.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/show...8&postcount=28
I found that particular post to be rather tasteless too.
Although as far as I know that sort of thing is accepted and welcomed by those on the "other side".
Squalls, doldrums, heavy seas, gear failures, being tired, being cold are the condition for sailing, part and parcel of the commitment to get from here to there -- not enemies to be eliminated, but companions to be danced with.

- Unknown
sulong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:26am   #6

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
An increasing number of members are using invisible mode, i.e. when they are viewing a particular thread their presence is hidden. May I disingenuously ask why members do this? I find it interesting, for some reason.

Why is the facility there at all for that matter ?
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:06am   #7
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Gibbon
Why is the facility there at all for that matter ?
I'll bet the paedophiles who were caught via the landslide site wish they had been invisible!!
LevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:57am   #8

Joined Aug 2004
Since I can't be Superman......................The Invisible Man
erierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:34pm   #9

Joined Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
<delurk>

Frugi,

I always choose to remain hidden on discussion boards wherever possible. It's just another means to attempt to retain some sort of privacy on the Internet. For the same reason I don't supply my real name or location and always use a 'disposable' email address.

I've also seen a number of threads like the one mentioned earlier where people involved in arguments demand an instantaneous reply if someone is shown as online, and use the lack of a reply as a demonstration that the other's position is incorrect.

pogle

</delurk>
pogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:10pm   #10

Joined Jan 2001
Isn't the 'online' idea a bit misleading now? E.g. Someone could leave the screen with T2W open overnight and all day and not even look at it cos they have broadband always connected, but it would appear they were awake all night and staring at the screen

Last edited by Racer; Jun 1, 2005 at 6:45pm.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:39pm   #11

Joined Apr 2004
Racer, because this is the opposite of real life, here you can see yourself but they cannot see you, and that is not the only similarity by the way. <G>.
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 3:25pm   #12

Joined Aug 2003
It seems everyone is invisible these days, you never know who is about or not...

Scrap it! At least if everyone is visible you can see whether you may get a response or not!
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:34pm   #13
Joined Dec 2002
I've also noticed that there are so many people in invisible mode. I find it a bit suspicious really.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:35pm   #14

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrader View Post
I've also noticed that there are so many people in invisible mode. I find it a bit suspicious really.
Ever thought about becoming invisible yourself?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:42pm   #15
Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by rols View Post
Ever thought about becoming invisible yourself?
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote