T2W Contest Ideas

This is a discussion on T2W Contest Ideas within the T2W Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Do you have an idea for a trading contest on Trade2Win? Then we want to hear it.. In the past ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:15pm   #1
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
T2W Contest Ideas

Do you have an idea for a trading contest on Trade2Win? Then we want to hear it..

In the past we had a monthly DJI competition, where members were asked predict the closing price at the end of each week. The best predictor over the month won the contest. That was popular amongst members and an interesting way to gauge market sentiment.

We're thinking of what contest to work on next. If you have any suggestions, then now would be a great time to share them...
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:50pm   #2
Joined Jul 2010
Re: T2W Contest Ideas

How some sort of trading contest that requires less luck and more skill to win, maybe in conjunction with one of your SB advertisers?

Get generous Mr SB to credit each competitor with the minimum amount feasible to trade indices and FX, say 100 (non-withdrawable, naturally). The winner is the one who has most in the account after a week, and gets to keep the balance, possibly up to a certain limit. The rest can't withdraw the balance, but could continue using it in a normal SB account, if they qualify to open one.

The idea is to encourage risk management and proper trading methods, instead of wild punts with large virtual wads of cash.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:40pm   #3

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
How some sort of trading contest that requires less luck and more skill to win, maybe in conjunction with one of your SB advertisers?

Get generous Mr SB to credit each competitor with the minimum amount feasible to trade indices and FX, say 100 (non-withdrawable, naturally). The winner is the one who has most in the account after a week, and gets to keep the balance, possibly up to a certain limit. The rest can't withdraw the balance, but could continue using it in a normal SB account, if they qualify to open one.

The idea is to encourage risk management and proper trading methods, instead of wild punts with large virtual wads of cash.
Yeah, I like the idea of something that inhibits the "wild punts" and tries to get a winner who has got there by "proper" trading.

You could still do it via "demo" though. For example, the current competition could be restricted to one, single-lot trade to start with. Additional trades (ie: more than one running at the same time or more than single-lot) could only be made when you had sufficient realised profit to fund the necessary margin.

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:03pm   #4

Joined Jun 2003

I think the current fx comp running for the last few months have shown up some fairly consistent traders like davideassasi. It can't be just lucky punts that gets him on the front page most weeks.
Gordon Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:01pm   #5

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
I think the current fx comp running for the last few months have shown up some fairly consistent traders like davideassasi. It can't be just lucky punts that gets him on the front page most weeks.

Yes, I wasn't meaning to cast aspersions on anyone
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:01pm   #6

Joined Apr 2009

a long competition like 6 months or a year
squall321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:09pm   #7

Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
I think the current fx comp running for the last few months have shown up some fairly consistent traders like davideassasi.
X2
He's awesome. Shame he doesn't ever really post, but nice to see that some people really can develop and obvious 'edge'. I also think he's more pro TA than Anti TA