New, Interested in Swing Trading

This is a discussion on New, Interested in Swing Trading within the Swing & Position Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by malaguti i read this, and could only take perhaps one point from it that might be worth ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:19pm   #9
Joined Oct 2008
Re: New, Interested in Swing Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
i read this, and could only take perhaps one point from it that might be worth looking at, but it was a point i already knew I wanted to develop.
Disappointing in my opinion. I'd like to write something now, and I think I could do a better more concise job.
Lets see if I can sell it for £40 a pop
So funny - You want to learn to trade - I am guessing because you would like to make a living from it - Perhaps you should have asked for a £40 book on brain surgery
wilczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:25pm   #10

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilczek View Post
So funny - You want to learn to trade - I am guessing because you would like to make a living from it - Perhaps you should have asked for a £40 book on brain surgery
you're funny also in your assumptions
No, I was hoping to learn something new, keep abreast of things. Thats the reason for buying the book, in the absence of interviewing the man himself. I, my friend am self taught, but I certainly dont profess to think I know it all. A book here or there helps. you will find surgeons have books on their subject also.
hope this helps any misconceived idea as to my intentions
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:16pm   #11
Joined Aug 2013

I'm reading Trading in The Zone at them moment - it's a great choice! It really has helped me with the mindset far more than anything else Ive come across so far
fxrookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:56am   #12

4 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Trading in general is based on what works for you.

Some tips that helped me when I first started out...
1. Make sure you know how much you're risking every trade.
2. Make sure how much risk there is compared to the potential reward.
3. Technical analysis is a given. Decide whether or not you want to profit from the formation
and breakout of the pattern, or the momentum following the breakout. (Or both )
3. Paper trading is awesome, but it's very inefficient. So I would suggest "OnDemand" from TDAmeritrade.

More about OnDemand. It lets you use historical data in "realtime" to trade. It's like paper trading except it gives you the ability to jump around the dates. So you can put in the trade and jump to a future date to see how it turned out.

Don't get used to abusing this though. It really takes the patience away from the swing trading.

For me swing trading has taught me and is teaching me to be patient and remain calm. OnDemand can be called a "shortcut" depending on how you look at it, but really don't abuse it. It can really mess up your way of thinking for real accounts.

-Sam
exotrading is offline   Reply With Quote