Swing and Position Trading

This is a discussion on Swing and Position Trading within the Swing & Position Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Have to start somewhere jayzee, just make sure your transition to being an experienced trader doesn't cost much. Dont rush ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:49am   #33
Joined May 2004
Have to start somewhere jayzee, just make sure your transition to being an experienced trader doesn't cost much. Dont rush in to trading, learn and practice! I recommend Dr Alexander Elders books too, they are my favourite and most helpful.
pkfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 12:46pm   #34

Joined Nov 2003
CW and BAY (again)

techst started this thread Another update on these charts provide some good viewing. After the leg upward shown on previous posts these two now provide opportunities to enter on the current retracement. BAY has already started its next move upward and trading from here and getting a good price on entry maybe be tricky. Although hiding yourself in and trading in the next bearish candle might be an idea, but i'll see how these this pans out. CW has retraced nicely and getting back in looks like a good idea. I'll be waiting for some strength before that happens but a bullish engulfing or piercing candle with some good volume would be ideal. Mark Rivalland talks about these buy signals in the latest investors cron. Calling them linear phase signal being some of the best times to trade, which pop up once or twice a year. And although his lenses are different (P+F charting) the ideas are the same.
Attached Thumbnails
bay.gif   cw.gif  
techst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:17pm   #35

Joined May 2003
techst

The same two from a slightly different perspective but in accord with your summation. BAY already given long signal (close above white line) and CW poised to do so.

edit: oops, just noticed trend change for BAY could be said to be a bit lower around 215 - swing pullback the same tho'. Sorry for that, these two aren't in my stable

jon
Attached Thumbnails
bay.gif   cw.gif  

Last edited by barjon; Dec 2, 2004 at 1:24pm.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:31pm   #36

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon
techst

The same two from a slightly different perspective but in accord with your summation. BAY already given long signal (close above white line) and CW poised to do so.

jon
Forgive my ignorance, I am not a swing trader, but why does a close above the white line give a buy signal? On Bay that is.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:56pm   #37

Joined Nov 2003
techst started this thread roguetrader, from barjon's view (and please correct me if i'm mistaken barjon) this is some short term resistance which lines up with the 220 price level. And i would also use this method before i jumped in. A one day close with good volume or a two day close above the 220. For me, i'd be using my 13EMA moving or ticking upward with a two day close, as shown in my BAY chart. I didn't catch this one,as my money management rules dont allow me to be in every trade available.
techst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:09pm   #38

Joined May 2003
Thanx for your reply techst@, I see the resistance you refer to, just volume looks a little light as it initially breaks that level.. Not trying to pick fault, my own swing trading efforts leave a lot to be desired an am trying to pick up tips and ideas from those of you who trade this style successfully.
Thanx
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:33pm   #39

Joined May 2003
rogue trader/techst

The white line is at the high of the swing low bar. I get a buy signal when there is a close above that, which occured 3 bars later and I would have entered the next day (penultimate bar on the chart) if I was trading this one. The more agressive would enter as soon as the price moved above the high of the swing low bar (that white line) which occured the next day.

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:36pm   #40

Joined May 2003
Thanx guys I appreciate your input.