Simulation that is not synced to NY 9:30 am

This is a discussion on Simulation that is not synced to NY 9:30 am within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Is there a low cost paper money stock day trading simulation software that allows me to experience morning trading hours ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:04am   #1
Joined Dec 2017
Simulation that is not synced to NY 9:30 am

Is there a low cost paper money stock day trading simulation software that allows me to experience morning trading hours (9:30-11 am NY time) any time I want, with the past data?

I don't want to get up 3 in the morning here at LA to practice paper money trading.

Thanks in advance...

I posted in newby forum but didn't specify what I am trading (Stocks), so here I am posting again to clarify.
Tesla.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:12am   #2

Joined Feb 2004
the one that springs instantly to mind is sierra charts.

but you can readily google for others using "chart packages with replay function" to help find a suitable low cost candidate.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:17am   #3

9 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
do you need an analysis software that allows you to create trading systems or a platform that simulates the orders to be inserted?
tallytrading is offline Trading Strategy Services   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:35am   #4
Joined Dec 2017
Tesla.Lee started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytrading View Post
do you need an analysis software that allows you to create trading systems or a platform that simulates the orders to be inserted?
Both please...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:35am   #5
Joined Dec 2017
Tesla.Lee started this thread I am looking at Ameritrade - anyone know if that one qualifies for what I am looking for?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:44am   #6

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla.Lee View Post
I am looking at Ameritrade - anyone know if that one qualifies for what I am looking for?
that could work. they have thinkorswim which has a paper trading element to it, but it would possibly depend on account funding requirements to get it i'm thinking. not sure if it has a market replay function, they're not shouting that feature from the rooftops, you would have to research further.

for market replay and trade simulation and further research into market replay and trade simulation look at

sierra chart
ninjatrader

there seems to be a lot out there if you google, maybe look at tradingsimulator.net or tradingsim.com
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:35pm   #7

9 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
ninjatrader I think it's just for futures and forex
multicharts is free for 30 days
overcharts should be free for a period of time (beta phase)
zorro-project excellent and free (see the conditions) but also very complex

good trading
tallytrading
tallytrading is offline Trading Strategy Services   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:49pm   #8

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla.Lee View Post
Is there a low cost paper money stock day trading simulation software that allows me to experience morning trading hours (9:30-11 am NY time) any time I want, with the past data?

I don't want to get up 3 in the morning here at LA to practice paper money trading.

Thanks in advance...

I posted in newby forum but didn't specify what I am trading (Stocks), so here I am posting again to clarify.
ThinkOrSwim - their real trading platform is free and have OnDemand feature, you can replay any day from the last few years...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote