London Capital Group

This is a discussion on London Capital Group within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; So, anyone out there invested in London Capital Group? Stock price is trading at a lousy 2,38 p. I see ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:28pm   #1
Joined Aug 2014
London Capital Group

So, anyone out there invested in London Capital Group? Stock price is trading at a lousy 2,38 p. I see a lot of potential in the stock. Especially, if customer growth and revenue growth will exceed expectations.

Is there reason to believe that customer growth and revenue growth will exceed expectations?

Let´s be surprised by their next half year report.

I rate the stock a "speculative buy" with tremendous potential for cheap money

Message to the naysayers, ignorants, party poopers:

1) No risk - no fun.
2) Keep on buying Apple stocks at multi year highs.
3) Or keep on buying FANG stocks at multi year highs.

My credo: Buy low, sell high!
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:21am   #2

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
London Capital Group

Yes, I'm in, in a big way. LCG is my market hedge against erractic index movements. Maybe we've met before on twitter or advfn (value_investor / Dusseldorf).

I'm not sure interims will 'exceed' expectations as the company has predicted continued growth - how can you exceed unquantified growth?

The key for a re-rating is if there is a hint of profitability. Costs are high, but that's because revenue is not sufficient to cover.

Costs will be coming down, revenue should be going up, client numbers should be going up, expansion overseas should be accelerating.

They may need more cash to be injected to see through to profitability - the price seems to indicate people expect more equity to be issued. We'll find out soon I guess. My targets are 6.25 next year, 8-12p the year after - if current momentum continues and market volatility increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
So, anyone out there invested in London Capital Group? Stock price is trading at a lousy 2,38 p. I see a lot of potential in the stock. Especially, if customer growth and revenue growth will exceed expectations.

Is there reason to believe that customer growth and revenue growth will exceed expectations?

Let´s be surprised by their next half year report.

I rate the stock a "speculative buy" with tremendous potential for cheap money

Message to the naysayers, ignorants, party poopers:

1) No risk - no fun.
2) Keep on buying Apple stocks at multi year highs.
3) Or keep on buying FANG stocks at multi year highs.

My credo: Buy low, sell high!
value_investor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:48am   #3
Joined Aug 2014
Thunderstorm started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
Yes, I'm in, in a big way. LCG is my market hedge against erractic index movements. Maybe we've met before on twitter or advfn (value_investor / Dusseldorf).

I'm not sure interims will 'exceed' expectations as the company has predicted continued growth - how can you exceed unquantified growth?

The key for a re-rating is if there is a hint of profitability. Costs are high, but that's because revenue is not sufficient to cover.

Costs will be coming down, revenue should be going up, client numbers should be going up, expansion overseas should be accelerating.

They may need more cash to be injected to see through to profitability - the price seems to indicate people expect more equity to be issued. We'll find out soon I guess. My targets are 6.25 next year, 8-12p the year after - if current momentum continues and market volatility increases.
Hi value investor! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I think LCG has a deep marketing problem! Since they got rid off their institutional division - which sort of differentiated them from the rest of the "FX wolf pack", they have lost a bit of reputation.

I would urge Charles-Henri Sabet to reconsider entering this space again. Even though they lost some monies with the Swiss National Bank disaster! An institutional offering is missing!

I stumbled upon this here in their annual 2016 report:

Quote:

"Total client money at the year-end was £19.1 million (2015: £23.8 million) of which £15.9 million (2015: £23.8m) was held in segregated bank accounts. These balances are excluded from the Balance Sheet. Unsegregated amounts held on behalf of clients under a Title Transfer Collateral Arrangement (“TTCA”) are included on the Balance Sheet (see notes 20 and 22).

Both client acquisition and client volumes are continuing to improve in 2017, with the first two months of the year showing newly funded accounts up 30% on the same period in 2016 and client trading volumes up 14% over the same period."

15.9 Million client monies is ridiculous indeed and LCG needs to gain aggressively new clients, IMO.

Or they start FINALLY an institutional offering....
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:41am   #4
Joined Aug 2017
Also buy high , sell even higher !
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:29pm   #5
Joined Aug 2014
Thunderstorm started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefoolx View Post
Also buy high , sell even higher !
Click the image to open in full size.

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:05pm   #6
Joined Aug 2014
Thunderstorm started this thread I told you to take a look at London Capital Group and now no other than our friends at Morningstar published their latest research report on LCG August, 24th 2017 -

Let´s HAVE A LOOK:

http://quotes.morningstar.com/stockq...ikyEqUguU12Lzg

Attached Thumbnails
morningstar-lcg.jpg  
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:19pm   #7
Joined Aug 2014
Thunderstorm started this thread And here is the latest detailed stock report from Reuters Thompson:
Attached Thumbnails
lcg-reuters.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:32pm   #8
Joined Aug 2014
Thunderstorm started this thread Increase in trading volume....
Attached Thumbnails
lcg-lse.jpg