Understanding HOW stocks trend

This is a discussion on Understanding HOW stocks trend within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Anyone get this nice short today? Great context for a gap and fade...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:04am   #1
Joined Jul 2015
Kone

Anyone get this nice short today? Great context for a gap and fade
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:25am   #2
Joined Jul 2015
Understanding HOW stocks trend

AllDayHolds started this thread From SPY to OHRP today... same pattern different day since 2004.

Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:51am   #3
Joined Feb 2002
Accurate and unfussy analysis.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:25am   #6

Joined Jul 2015
Do you have any statistics on the acquirers' price action post acquisiton news? I believe this has been researched and there are some papers on this. They do not always go down, there might be some benefits, synergies, etc from the purchase or they might have purchased a company at a bargon. Your TA skills are very good, but I would not be so biased about all the acquirers.
Thank you for the video Alldayholds.
AlexTagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:35am   #7
Joined Jul 2015
AllDayHolds started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTagr View Post
Do you have any statistics on the acquirers' price action post acquisiton news? I believe this has been researched and there are some papers on this. They do not always go down, there might be some benefits, synergies, etc from the purchase or they might have purchased a company at a bargon. Your TA skills are very good, but I would not be so biased about all the acquirers.
Thank you for the video Alldayholds.
I know exactly what you are talking about with some acquirers going up nicely due to synergies and accretive to earnings. These ones that head higher will show strength pre market and hold up. The ones that head lower, are the ones that show weakness pre market. Weakness pre market doesn't mean gapping down. It means it's in a downtrend after being even higher premarket. CELG held up unlike the last few that have come out and acted weak before the open. Glad you liked the video.