Gilead stock

This is a discussion on Gilead stock within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Anyone know why Gilead is plummeting? Is it still a good long term position or is this selloff an indicator ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:22pm   #1
Joined Nov 2014
Gilead stock

Anyone know why Gilead is plummeting? Is it still a good long term position or is this selloff an indicator that something is going wrong with the company?
Stoney_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:10pm   #2
Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney_21 View Post
Anyone know why Gilead is plummeting? Is it still a good long term position or is this selloff an indicator that something is going wrong with the company?
GILD (the ticker is quicker)
There are several news stories on this. The Thinkorswim news feed shows related news stories the second they break. If you don't have TOS try freestockcharts.com they will show related news as well.
It's a biotech....They do this a lot. I treat them as a potential take over/bankruptcy play. Means if I do anything... I'm in and out.

"Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
Lao Tzu
ACstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:17pm   #3
Joined Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney_21 View Post
are you a longer term investment (6-month +) or is it just a trade?

longer term it is fine and if you are inclined in that way i would just buy some more around 97 or 91 if we can get that low, glad i seen your post actually because i will be buying this stock!

its merely a standard market sell off, no reason what so ever this stock should crash.. this company is 92% institutionally owned. it has risen huge over the past 5 years..

all the fundamentals look incredible from its history.. i would hold this stock and buy more at a cheaper level .

dm me so we can discus this stock as it is new to me since i 1st read your post but after doing a small amount of research it seems to be gold!! speak soon

Michael A Ball
mikeball87 is offline Data vendor   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2018, 2:14pm   #4
Joined Mar 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACstudio View Post
GILD (the ticker is quicker)
There are several news stories on this. The Thinkorswim news feed shows related news stories the second they break. If you don't have TOS try freestockcharts.com they will show related news as well.
It's a biotech....They do this a lot. I treat them as a potential take over/bankruptcy play. Means if I do anything... I'm in and out.
Gilead stock looks slightly undervalued at this point because the market is undervaluing Gileadís HIV and oncology portfolios. The company also shows significant potential in the immunology/NASH area.
KyleLennon is offline   Reply With Quote