so - when do we buy Tesco ?

This is a discussion on so - when do we buy Tesco ? within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by robster970 Nice to know I am not the only person that does this....... Two peas in a ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:07pm   #16
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
Nice to know I am not the only person that does this.......
Two peas in a pod springs to mind but I'm not clear on this.

You park next to isolated cars on the far side or like Jacko or you've parked your car next to some electrical pylons for too long?
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:18pm   #17
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
I park the shiny car well away from where the masses park (near the entrance) on the other side of the car-park where nobody (usually) parks.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the pylons though - are you ok? Do you need help?

;-)
__________________
Confident about your performance? Perhaps you should consider the Dunning-Kruger effect
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:42pm   #18
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I park the shiny car well away from where the masses park (near the entrance) on the other side of the car-park where nobody (usually) parks.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the pylons though - are you ok? Do you need help?

;-)
Beyond help so I'm told...

However, still confused - so in your attempts to park your car away from the masses do you park next to other shiny lil cars?

Personally, I ride a rusty old bike after having couple of good ones stolen. I also don't lock it as it happens. I make sure I park my bike next to good ones so it pales into insignificance.

The pylons may have something to do with electromagnetism but that's me being silly and obtuse. No need to mention tumbleweeds rolling through the car park.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:52pm   #19
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Beyond help so I'm told...

However, still confused - so in your attempts to park your car away from the masses do you park next to other shiny lil cars?

Personally, I ride a rusty old bike after having couple of good ones stolen. I also don't lock it as it happens. I make sure I park my bike next to good ones so it pales into insignificance.

The pylons may have something to do with electromagnetism but that's me being silly and obtuse. No need to mention tumbleweeds rolling through the car park.
LOL no! I park MY shiny car on it's own, away from all the other cars. Often when I come back somebody elses NOT SHINY car is parked next to mine.

I park away from everyone else because they bash their doors into my doors because the parking spaces are tiny......
__________________
Confident about your performance? Perhaps you should consider the Dunning-Kruger effect
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:21pm   #20
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
LOL no! I park MY shiny car on it's own, away from all the other cars. Often when I come back somebody elses NOT SHINY car is parked next to mine.

I park away from everyone else because they bash their doors into my doors because the parking spaces are tiny......
I intensely dislike NCP car parks. Rip of Britain comes to mind. They suffocate town centres by charging stupid prices.

Council gets their fee from NCP on a long lease contract and whilst they - NCP get rich, rest of shops go poor unable to pay rates and start closing down. Bleeding council management don't have a clue or vision beyond what's in front of their noses. I'm sure back-handers are paid too.

NCP car parks have high prices with unrealistic space provided agreed.

Shopping car parks not so bad imo but don't drive much and I don't have shiny car. I may have forgotten to mention I'm an anti-car tree hugger too...
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:45pm   #21
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
Isn't that why BMW built the i8 - so that people like you can now finally drive good cars????
__________________
Confident about your performance? Perhaps you should consider the Dunning-Kruger effect
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:08pm   #22
Joined Aug 2014
Goin slightly off topic, Tesco was and is a buy. It's got falling market share but still three times the combined clout of its two nearest rivals. The p/e is good and it's low risk even with (especially with - muppets) Moodys downgrade a few months back.
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:08pm   #23
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I intensely dislike NCP car parks. Rip of Britain comes to mind. They suffocate town centres by charging stupid prices.

Council gets their fee from NCP on a long lease contract and whilst they - NCP get rich, rest of shops go poor unable to pay rates and start closing down. Bleeding council management don't have a clue or vision beyond what's in front of their noses. I'm sure back-handers are paid too.

NCP car parks have high prices with unrealistic space provided agreed.

Shopping car parks not so bad imo but don't drive much and I don't have shiny car. I may have forgotten to mention I'm an anti-car tree hugger too...
Would you buy their stock? (NCP)
Stargunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:12pm   #24
Joined Aug 2014
Would you buy their stock (Knorr)?
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jack o'Clubs , Stargunner
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:26pm   #25
 
Jack o'Clubs's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Riley View Post
Goin slightly off topic, Tesco was and is a buy. It's got falling market share but still three times the combined clout of its two nearest rivals. The p/e is good and it's low risk even with (especially with - muppets) Moodys downgrade a few months back.
P/E is good only if you believe the 'E'. I don't (at least not on consensus numbers). Margin expectations will come down, and with negative operating leverage, will have a big impact on 'E', and that's before you get the effect of higher D&A because of higher capex. Earnings have come down a long way and will come down further IMO. Where returns have gone (negative to zero on incremental capital), so, at least directionally, will earnings follow. It will get to 150 I tell ya.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:33pm   #26
Joined Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o'Clubs View Post
P/E is good only if you believe the 'E'. I don't (at least not on consensus numbers). Margin expectations will come down, and with negative operating leverage, will have a big impact on 'E', and that's before you get the effect of higher D&A because of higher capex. Earnings have come down a long way and will come down further IMO. Where returns have gone (negative to zero on incremental capital), so, at least directionally, will earnings follow. It will get to 150 I tell ya.
So, what are ya sayin then? LOL
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:46pm   #27
 
Jack o'Clubs's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Riley View Post
So, what are ya sayin then? LOL
I'm sayin', I love equities it's sooooo easy to make money
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:47pm   #28
Joined Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o'Clubs View Post
I'm sayin', I love equities it's sooooo easy to make money
It's about as easy as everything else is, that's very true.
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:49pm   #29
Joined Aug 2014
But I stand by me comments on the underlying even with the knowledge of Blackrock's imminent divestment.
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:51pm   #30
 
Jack o'Clubs's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Riley View Post
It's about as easy as everything else is, that's very true.
If you put the work in, yes it's true.
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horsemeat found in tesco burgers - an ode bbmac The Foyer 18 Feb 26, 2013 10:26am
Tesco shares Mr. Charts The Foyer 4 Jan 17, 2013 3:49pm
Tesco barjon Stocks 2 Dec 8, 2003 12:56pm
tesco - currently 236, tempted, but .... Turbo Stocks 2 Jan 31, 2001 9:36pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)