IG Index Charts Conundrum

This is a discussion on IG Index Charts Conundrum within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; you'll find a lot of the other indicators don't match either between charting platforms. some one showed a while back ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:09am   #17

Joined Mar 2007
Re: IG Index Charts Conundrum

you'll find a lot of the other indicators don't match either between charting platforms. some one showed a while back that even some of the algorithms are wrong/incomplete.

as long as the error is consistent then one can work around it.

people will provide those indicators in a form that make them the most money ?

free charts -you get what you pay for.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:47pm   #18

4 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
pdriver started this thread As mentioned earlier, I ended up working with a 240 period timeframe.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:25pm   #19

9 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
does anyone know if there is a market that allows me to buy/sell the FSTE 100 at or near the official market open price?
I appreciate the FSTE 100 is not really a tradable product per se, and IG's prices are built from the nearest futures price, but this essentially means that when the FTSE opens at 8am, the price I can get from IG's "daily funded" bet can be 30, 40, 50 or more points adrift of the "official" open.

Does a market exist that gives me access to the "real" open price?
Agentginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:35pm   #20
Joined Feb 2002
This is only theoretically possible, in practice the SB companies restrict their platforms so they are not offering a position so far from the underlying. Have you watched the IG market on the index through the open at 8 to see if you can actually open trades on it at this time?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:35pm   #21

Joined Jan 2006
The IG daily charts have Sunday on them because they are actively quoting prices on that day - even though it's only for an hour from 23:00. This will alter the EMAs/MAs/RSIs and just about any other indicator you choose to put on the chart, making them practically useless from an analysis point of view as you are getting a whole candlestick for just one our of trading when the markets are closed...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:39pm   #22

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentginger View Post
does anyone know if there is a market that allows me to buy/sell the FSTE 100 at or near the official market open price?
I appreciate the FSTE 100 is not really a tradable product per se, and IG's prices are built from the nearest futures price, but this essentially means that when the FTSE opens at 8am, the price I can get from IG's "daily funded" bet can be 30, 40, 50 or more points adrift of the "official" open.

Does a market exist that gives me access to the "real" open price?
Hey now wouldn't that be a great money spinner - look at what IG is quoting and put a trade on at the "open" price (i.e. yesterdays close in most cases) and Bingo - instant profits.

Good luck with that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote