which is the best SB company?

This is a discussion on which is the best SB company? within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I just want to know which of the Spread betting companies is the best in terms of trading platform and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 26, 2003, 6:04pm   #1
Joined Apr 2003
which is the best SB company?

I just want to know which of the Spread betting companies is the best in terms of trading platform and execution of trades especially for newbies like me.
grubs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 6:40pm   #2

Joined Mar 2003
I use City Index.. the prices you see are the prices you get.. unlike some of the others which can keep you holding while you are requoted.
Spreads are comparative with the other SB firms.. except D4F who have the lowest spreads... (however, I hear their platform isn't all that reliable).
I've never had problems with City Index...
The only thing I would complain about is that they don't have an order book system where you can set your limit orders and stuff.. I hear this is in the pipeline though for the next couple of weeks.
awllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 6:52pm   #3
Joined Apr 2003
grubs50 started this thread thanx but do you know anything about finspreads and IGINDEX cos i have been told they are the best
Old May 26, 2003, 7:00pm   #4
Joined Feb 2003
re:

Hi .

i have used finspreads and also have seen the trading platform for ig and cityindex, it is depends what you are looking for cos:

with finspread yuo can't place orders, spreads are two wide.the price refresh every 30 sec.

ig, has got the biggest spreads i the market etc,

city index update the prices every 3-10 sec.

so far deal4free is the best,

hope this helps
genti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 7:13pm   #5
Joined Apr 2003
grubs50 started this thread But from what i have been reading so far on this website it seems deal4free is very slow to execute trades
Old May 26, 2003, 7:22pm   #6

Joined Dec 2001
I like D4F, prefer it to Fins. The new platform is much better than the old one and they are great for FTSE stocks.
Old May 26, 2003, 7:26pm   #7
Joined Feb 2003
re:

it might be slwo for higher than £5 per point,

however as i mentionet befor is depend in your sircumstances.

for example , what is the min £ per point, do you like to stay on the front of the scren all day to wait and exexute your orders.
do you want to keep refreshing the prices your self. do you want to trade after hrs in case something hapen.

however what i can also say is that cmc has re-quoted me one day and i lost 100 points .

i had a buy in JMN (ftse100) at 801 i clicked a sell @ 823 and then they re-quote me @ 720 , i dint really expext that in thuoght is 820 so here we go lost 91 points X £? big amount

Last edited by genti; May 26, 2003 at 8:22pm.
genti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2003, 7:35pm   #8
Joined Apr 2003
grubs50 started this thread I am actually interested in the Dow and FTSE indices cos i seem more comfortable with them after paper trading 4 the past 2 months on TRADINDEX. I am not yet comfortable with individual shares.