CMC charges

This is a discussion on CMC charges within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Why do they charge you for just closing out a position? Sometimes they charge me 1 point, sometimes 2 or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:21pm   #1
Joined May 2007
CMC charges

Why do they charge you for just closing out a position? Sometimes they charge me 1 point, sometimes 2 or three. Whats the crack?
Kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:53pm   #2

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin21 View Post
Why do they charge you for just closing out a position? Sometimes they charge me 1 point, sometimes 2 or three. Whats the crack?
Hello Kevin,

Could you clarify what you mean?

The usual "crack" is for in instrument to be quited at "100" with a spread of 2, hence you buy at 101 and sell at 99.

For each transaction you're charged 1 pt.

Is this what you mean?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 7:33pm   #3
Joined May 2007
Kevin21 started this thread as in the spread is 12995-13000. I go long and sell at 13015. So i should walk with 10pts, but i don't i walk with 8 every single time, and its not because i didn't get filled. They always take a point or two off me, sometimes really do feel like marching down to their dealing desk and punching them in face. I should start my own SB company and screw the pants off everyone. Thats the true road to riches.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:46pm   #4

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin21 View Post
as in the spread is 12995-13000. I go long and sell at 13015. So i should walk with 10pts, but i don't i walk with 8 every single time, and its not because i didn't get filled. They always take a point or two off me, sometimes really do feel like marching down to their dealing desk and punching them in face. I should start my own SB company and screw the pants off everyone. Thats the true road to riches.
Kevin,

Could you clarify, where does the quote "13015" come from?

Cheers,
UTB
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:55pm   #5
Joined May 2007
Kevin21 started this thread just an example of a bid and offer
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:02am   #6
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
I think I understand the problem ...dow spread is 4 on daily cash for example...depends how you have the settings...when you open a trade and look in client positions window you will see current position as -2 when you close the trade it then looks like a further 2 ...making 4....slippage though would be a whole different ball game

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote