Spreadbetting Options

This is a discussion on Spreadbetting Options within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Dear all, I am new to the forum and being spreadbetting for over 2 years. Recently I have been trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:15am   #1

6 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Spreadbetting Options

Dear all,
I am new to the forum and being spreadbetting for over 2 years.

Recently I have been trading Options via an US account, but I would like to benefit of the SB UK policy.

I currently trade Index and Oil options using IG, but:

1- Cannot see anything more than the price. Do you know of any SB firm who offers a better platform to SB options, where also greeks are available?

2- Do you know any SB firm who offers also options SB on US shares (and not just Index/futures)? IG does it but only over the phone, which makes online trading almost impossible.

3- Do any of you guys SB on options at all?

Thanks
Stefano
Doc_P80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:23pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
What would be the point of spread-betting on options on a share rather than spread-betting on the share itself?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:24pm   #3
Joined Apr 2016
Foroom is the leading expert on options. He'll help you when he wakes up from big ben's bongs.
EnlightenedJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:23pm   #4
Joined Jul 2004
you need to activate prorealtime

"Option chain window

* New option chain window available
* Search for an underlying instrument using the search bar, the select it to display related options
* You can choose an expiration date and filter by minimum and maximum strike price
* You can place orders by clicking in the ask or bid columns
* Performance charts can be opened by clicking on the icon-option icon"

https://www.prorealcode.com/topic/pr...list-features/
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:43pm   #5
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
What would be the point of spread-betting on options on a share rather than spread-betting on the share itself?
its basically just trading options, just like spreadbetting is just trading (although different in ways which are discussed elsewhere!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalott View Post
you need to activate prorealtime... Option chain window...]
thanks alot kalott i didnt know you have this on prorealtime/ig
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:26pm   #6
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
its basically just trading options, just like spreadbetting is just trading (although different in ways which are discussed elsewhere!)

Exactly. So if you want to trade via traded options, what's the advantage in spread-betting against the price of traded options? Why not just trade in traded options?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:59pm   #7
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Exactly. So if you want to trade via traded options, what's the advantage in spread-betting against the price of traded options? Why not just trade in traded options?
i don't think there is an advantage its just convenient to use your SB account if that's where you generally trade. Have you seen the IG or city index SB platforms?

Last edited by Kaeso; Sep 10, 2017 at 10:12pm.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:24am   #8
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
i don't think there is an advantage its just convenient to use your SB account if that's where you generally trade. Have you seen the IG or city index SB platforms?

I have just started using an IG demo account but not at all familiar with it yet.