Point differences between brokers

This is a discussion on Point differences between brokers within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I have a couple of spread betting accounts and just deciding which one i prefer, what i cant find the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:13pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Point differences between brokers

I have a couple of spread betting accounts and just deciding which one i prefer, what i cant find the answer to though is with CMC Markets 1 point in a particular product costs £5.00 and with the other broker, IG Markets the same product for 1 point costs more like £12 with no great difference in the spread

any help appreciated
andrewjpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:17am   #2
Joined Jan 2006
What is the instrument you are looking at?

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:02pm   #3

2 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
andrewjpas started this thread 3i group is the one I was looking at but it is the case with any instrument, most forex products are just the same
andrewjpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:22am   #4
Joined Jan 2006
Thanks for providing the extra info.

I guess it simply means that the different brokers have different minimum per point levels - which wouldn't be unusual.

A quick call to your broker should enable you to verify.

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote