cTrader platform - Scalping allowed

This is a discussion on cTrader platform - Scalping allowed within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I have been looking at the cTrader Spotware platform as it recently have been made possible to trade indices on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:18am   #1
Joined Jan 2006
cTrader platform - Scalping allowed

I have been looking at the cTrader Spotware platform as it recently have been made possible to trade indices on the platform. According to IC Markets scalping is allowed as there is no restriction on trading, this comes with extremly fast execution and ultra low latency at their servers in LD5 IBX Equinix Data Centre in London.

http://www.icmarkets.com/forex-tradi...tform/ctrader/
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:48pm   #2
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread Yes I have been testing cTrader and the CFDs indices for a couple of days. I have been waiting for Spotware to introduce the possibility of trading CFDs on the cTrader platform and now they are finally here. I like the performence of the platform a lot from previous years trading the Forex. Hopefully a few other brokers will be take it up offering CFDs (stocks and Futures are around the corner so I have read). The only one I have found at the moment offering CFDs indices on the cTrader platform is IC Markets.

I think the possebility for manipulation is a lot slimmer on this platform, as it combines ECN and CFDs in one and the same platform. I wonder if a "Virtual Dealer plugin" is at all possible on the cTrader platform as for example it is on the MT4 platform, I don't know, but I guess it will be a much harder task to implement. The biggest surprice for me with this platform, besides exellent technical performence, is that you can actually trade inside the spread on the CFDs indices.

Last edited by gle101; Feb 16, 2015 at 7:53pm.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:15pm   #3
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread The cTrader platform is run and owned by Spotware at their servers in LD5 IBX Equinix Data Centre in London. The platform technology is licensed by the broker, but the broker have no access to the actual internal structure, performance and execution of the platform, thus making it impossible to manipulate by the broker. The liquidity of the CFDs instruments is provided by Gain Capital through a deal with Spotware. If someone knows more about how Spotware cTrader interacts with the broker please feel free to comment.

The broker can of course make trouble for the trader when it comes to withdrawal, and they might certainly have views on profit based on trading style, but as I see it, a much harder case for the broker using the cTrader platform.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Forexmospherian , Fugazsy
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:05pm   #4
Joined Nov 2014
I just started to look at it, looks good, we see....
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:28am   #5
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread Can anyone located in London please give me the server latency? You will find it at the bottom right hand corner in cTrader, by clicking on the latency you will find where the server is located.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:25am   #6
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
I just started to look at it, looks good, we see....
IC is rubbish.....10 pips slippage under normal market condition, not worth it, the service is even worst, they have not got any idea...I run away from them..
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:11am   #7
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
IC is rubbish.....10 pips slippage under normal market condition, not worth it, the service is even worst, they have not got any idea...I run away from them..
OK, based on what kind of trade? Please give more details besides the slippage, have you open a live account with them?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:17am   #8
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
OK, based on what kind of trade? Please give more details besides the slippage, have you open a live account with them?
yes traded with them for a week, they are non sense......commission is cheap but the frustration is expensive, a scalper needs a good broker otherwise is impossible.....no more to add...