cTrader platform - Scalping allowed

This is a discussion on cTrader platform - Scalping allowed within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by gle101 Yes agreed, liquidity is another issue altogether, it is quite easy to observe the liquidity in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:11am   #17
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Yes agreed, liquidity is another issue altogether, it is quite easy to observe the liquidity in the order depth of the instrument one is trading. I don't know about splitting the profit between the liquidity provider and the retail broker, seems a little bit far fetch to me, but I actually can't tell, as I don't know much about the details in the Forex industry as a whole. What we know is, that it has been a lot of rigging about prices between banks in the past, and it was amazing to observe how easily and cheap they could get away with it.
yes bucket shops.....
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:41am   #18
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
yes bucket shops.....
Market makers have their place in the finacial industry, this for good and bad.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:21am   #19
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Market makers have their place in the finacial industry, this for good and bad.
most of them are crooks, if they can take advantage of you they will, a few are not, you need to do your own search and keep your eyes wide open......

Trading is very difficult, you do not want your broker to be a scam....on that slippage incident instead of making 12% I find myself at -2%.

It is not just about money, it is also trying to maintain a steady and peaceful mind where you can take advantages on opportunities........when the above occurs it is difficult to maintain that state of mind.......it shouldn't be...... but it is....
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:54am   #20
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
most of them are crooks, if they can take advantage of you they will, a few are not, you need to do your own search and keep your eyes wide open......

Trading is very difficult, you do not want your broker to be a scam....on that slippage incident instead of making 12% I find myself at -2%.

It is not just about money, it is also trying to maintain a steady and peaceful mind where you can take advantages on opportunities........when the above occurs it is difficult to maintain that state of mind.......it shouldn't be...... but it is....
When it comes to trading I have been around for a long time. Most of the market makers are not crooks (might be different for the FX industry), as you say the responsibility falls on the trader, blaming the broker does not help anyone. The market maker will under certain conditions try to protect them selves, but I agree, some of them go way too far and to any lengths in doing so.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:09am   #21
Joined Sep 2013
I agree with the comments regarding IC Markets slippage. I used to be a great proponent of IC markets and traded with them for quite some time...but they have definitely gone downhill in my opinion.

I have heard/read that FxPro's cTrader is not bad and also Pepperstones, so will be looking to try them out.

Unfortunately there aren't too many brokers that offer cTrader at the moment...but here is a list of 10 of them - cTrader Brokers .

It definitely seems like more brokers are starting to offer ctrader now, so hopefully we will have more choice going forward.
JoPips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:46am   #22

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
pepestone : execution problem and sometimes withdrawing probs
Icmarkets --> take a look etoro

There is No True ECN broker dude...

Broker will always be broker ...( you know what I mean )

Your winning depends on your :

1. Legit Broker ( even you're the best trader ever.Beside of it you're wasting your money and time ). Avoid broker that always try to contact you by phone.

" Regulated doesn't mean they will be honest and fair to you".

2. Money management
3. Risk Management
4. Report Naughty/Cheating broker to their regulate institution with evidence, Listed them so other people well informed and stay away from them.

5. Even the best broker "could have been BROKE " , some of them Broked already ( but still in this industries, amazing.. ).
drjoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:38am   #23
Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
.... I wonder if a "Virtual Dealer plugin" is at all possible on the cTrader platform as for example it is on the MT4 platform, I don't know, but I guess it will be a much harder task to implement. The biggest surprice for me with this platform, besides exellent technical performence, is that you can actually trade inside the spread on the CFDs indices.
May offer some clarity re above concern - http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/php...ic.php?p=94047

ctrader.png

Last edited by Phylo; Dec 22, 2016 at 11:37am.
Phylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tar
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:13pm   #24
Joined Mar 2003
is the ctrader platform owned by London Capital Group?
luckystrike23 is offline   Reply With Quote