cTrader platform - Scalping allowed

This is a discussion on cTrader platform - Scalping allowed within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Fugazsy yes traded with them for a week, they are non sense......commission is cheap but the frustration ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:42am   #9
Joined Jan 2006
gle101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
yes traded with them for a week, they are non sense......commission is cheap but the frustration is expensive, a scalper needs a good broker otherwise is impossible.....no more to add...
OK, I have not yet open a live account with them, but I guess I have to find out myself how they are performing.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:49am   #10
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
OK, I have not yet open a live account with them, but I guess I have to find out myself how they are performing.
yes, also have a look at Pepperstone, different kind of animal.
Fugazsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:52am   #11
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
yes, also have a look at Pepperstone, different kind of animal.
Thanks, which platform are we talking about?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:03am   #12
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Thanks, which platform are we talking about?
I am using the MT4, the Ctrader is more expensive for me because I only trade the EU
the MT4 is A$ 7 per lot with rebate it will cost me around 6, with the Ctrader the cost is euro 7.

I know Ctrader is better but I do not need it the way I trade.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:18am   #13
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
I am using the MT4, the Ctrader is more expensive for me because I only trade the EU
the MT4 is A$ 7 per lot with rebate it will cost me around 6, with the Ctrader the cost is euro 7.

I know Ctrader is better but I do not need it the way I trade.
Thanks, I do not trade Forex very often, more interested in CFDs on the cTrader platform.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:41am   #14
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
IC is rubbish.....10 pips slippage under normal market condition, not worth it, the service is even worst, they have not got any idea...I run away from them..
I have been wondering about you problem with slippage trading with IC Markets and the cTrader platform. My doubt is, while I am not questioning your personal experience on slippage, is it possible for an individuell broker to set a virtuell slippage on the cTrader platform?

Last edited by gle101; Feb 21, 2015 at 8:50am.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:59am   #15
Joined Nov 2014
slippage dose not depend not on the platform they use but on their liquidity provider, if under normal market condition there is slippage of 10 pips, to me seems that their liquidity provider sucks, we pay the broker commission to supply us liquidity, so a good broker recognises that they where unable to supply liquidity as agreed and will come to un agreement with the retailer and maybe split the missed profit, this of course under normal market condition.

A bad broker will just tell you that you have been filed at the next price which is true but I will withdraw my money because they have failed in supply me what we agree upon, a good broker has good liquidity provider in the first instance and secondly they will recognise when they are wrong (very important) and will take their responsibility.

And I am no sure if a broker can set up what you asked me.

Last edited by Fugazsy; Feb 21, 2015 at 9:19am.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:39am   #16
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
slippage dose not depend not on the platform they use but on their liquidity provider, if under normal market condition there is slippage of 10 pips, to me seems that their liquidity provider sucks, we pay the broker commission to supply us liquidity, so a good broker recognises that they where unable to supply liquidity as agreed and will come to un agreement with the retailer and maybe split the missed profit, this of course under normal market condition.

A bad broker will just tell you that you have been filed at the next price which is true but I will withdraw my money because they have failed in supply me what we agree upon, a good broker has good liquidity provider in the first instance and secondly they will recognise when they are wrong (very important) and will take their responsibility.
Yes agreed, liquidity is another issue altogether, it is quite easy to observe the liquidity in the order depth of the instrument one is trading. I don't know about splitting the profit between the liquidity provider and the retail broker, seems a little bit far fetch to me, but I actually can't tell, as I don't know much about the details in the Forex industry as a whole. What we know is, that it has been a lot of rigging about prices between banks in the past, and it was amazing to observe how easily and cheap they could get away with it.