Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform

This is a discussion on Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I just had a quick short on FT, opened 1603 and closed for 10 points. Fills, open and close, were ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:41pm   #46
Joined Nov 2001
I just had a quick short on FT, opened 1603 and closed for 10 points. Fills, open and close, were about 4 seconds. I don't think that there is much wrong from my end.

I use an old laptop in the afternoons, so old that Windows stopped supporting it last April. Linux still supports it, so I am using that. the Flash number for this is 11,2,202,425. That is still supported for linux computers. As long as it goes, its good enough for my purposes.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:01pm   #47

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Re Finspreads Web Platform

Hey Pigbear My Finspreads WEB Platform is now up and Running! So is the Software Application. Can you Check Yours again and let me know.
Cheers Indextrader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
It takes me too Finspreads and still has my card details. I guess I will give it rest since hols round the corner.
indextrader.888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:13pm   #48
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by indextrader.888 View Post
Hey Pigbear My Finspreads WEB Platform is now up and Running! So is the Software Application. Can you Check Yours again and let me know.
Cheers Indextrader.
Yes mine is up and running Indextrader but I went into Windows 7 advanced settings then pressed reset. I have included screen prints. It now takes seconds to log in.
Thanks to everyone on the board and Merry Christmas from pigbear.
Attached Thumbnails
city-index.png   city-index1.png  
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:24pm   #49

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Hi Pigbear You didn't go into Windows 7 advanced setting! There is no such thing. You went into IE 11.0? Browser Advanced Settings. Big Difference. It helps to know when talking to any tech helpdesk. Strangely this morning not everything is working! Its a real pain and clear something is not right somewhere! even though nothing seems wrong at my end. I may try your reset suggestion. Cheers.

Quote:

Yes mine is up and running Indextrader but I went into Windows 7 advanced settings then pressed reset. I have included screen prints. It now takes seconds to log in.
Thanks to everyone on the board and Merry Christmas from pigbear.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:45pm   #50
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by indextrader.888 View Post
Hi Pigbear You didn't go into Windows 7 advanced setting! There is no such thing. You went into IE 11.0? Browser Advanced Settings. Big Difference. It helps to know when talking to any tech helpdesk. Strangely this morning not everything is working! Its a real pain and clear something is not right somewhere! even though nothing seems wrong at my end. I may try your reset suggestion. Cheers.
Apologies I should have stated Advanced settings in internet options in Windows 7. It works on both IE 10 and google chrome. However I am thinking about removing chrome not really impressed with the number of features that comes with it.
I am just wondering if City Index/Finspreads platform had been attacked by hackers.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:30pm   #51

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Google Chrome used to be really 'Heavy' and it took over my comuter, but the latest version seems quite good. I have removed it as I am already using 2 other browsers. One of which is Firefox and this is recommended by Finspreads web site! so why they keep pushing you on to Chrome I'm not too sure.
NB I have Restored my advanced settings but I did already have FS web platform up and running ( Mostly). Beware! Restoring removes any security settings you may have entered. I did screenshots of before and after and I have a record of what was removed.
I also thought of hackers, clearly something is going on And I know they are monitoring this web site! Have a Great Xmas.

Quote:
Apologies I should have stated Advanced settings in internet options in Windows 7. It works on both IE 10 and google chrome. However I am thinking about removing chrome not really impressed with the number of features that comes with it.
I am just wondering if City Index/Finspreads platform had been attacked by hackers.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:53pm   #52
Joined Mar 2014
mac book pro 8 gig ram 500 ssd running fin like a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Is your pc all up to date...windows updates and stuff like adobe ?
i am having trouble with finspreads,it runs so slow yet everything else works fine,am thing of reloading yosermite with a clean install,anyone else having problems with it ?
Old May 23, 2015, 1:08pm   #53
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread Sorry on Windows 7 and no problems using internet explorer.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:32pm   #54
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridahummer View Post
i am having trouble with finspreads,it runs so slow yet everything else works fine,am thing of reloading yosermite with a clean install,anyone else having problems with it ?
It is a bit slow but my son tells me that I need a new computer, so I am keeping a low profile on this subject!

I had to leave Windows in April '14 because they said that they were not doing anymore maintenance on the software so my son installed Linux. The trouble is that the software is too fast for the computer, although it works well enough, with patience! So, if that is what you mean by a "clean install" I would say that the computer's age and today's faster software has a lot to do with the success of the change.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:33pm   #55

Joined Feb 2004
proper pc.. windows 8.1.. ie11.. fast broadband

fins was ok yesterday, no speed or function issues I could recall.

it is becoming apparent from this thread that if the internet connection is dogsh!t then fins runs dogshi!t.

I would suggest checking internet before mucking around with the computer. unless everything is slow then obviously a trip to the computer shop is long overdue.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:06pm   #56
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
fins was ok yesterday, no speed or function issues I could recall.

it is becoming apparent from this thread that if the internet connection is dogsh!t then fins runs dogshi!t.

I would suggest checking internet before mucking around with the computer. unless everything is slow then obviously a trip to the computer shop is long overdue.
That is the problem, of course. I was trying to pick the right vocabulary. You put it so delicately, mate. I must buy a Collins, too.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:14pm   #57
Joined Mar 2014
its horrific software period

one of worst out there and very inefficient
jkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2015, 9:23pm   #58
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkane View Post
its horrific software period

one of worst out there and very inefficient
How do you know as being in the US you are not able to have a spreadbetting account ?
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2015, 11:55pm   #59
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
How do you know as being in the US you are not able to have a spreadbetting account ?
I suspect jkane was just displaying all the characteristic enthusiasm, positivity and unbiased, up-to-date, accurate, well-informed, objective expertise about the spreadbetting industry for which we've come to rely on him ...

Quote:
do not trade at spread betting firms
Quote:
zero regulation
Quote:
Spread Betting set up to fail
Quote:
Spreads too wide
Quote:
no craft to spreadbetting
Quote:
only squares play at spread trading firms
Quote:
spreadbetting is all luck
Quote:
spread betting pure rippoff...
Quote:
spreads too wide you have zero shot
Quote:
Spreads rip offs in Europe
Not that I'm suggesting anyone might have an agenda of any kind, of course ...
alexaherself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:28pm   #60
Joined Mar 2014
finspreads is a safe place as has been around a long time

software pass
jkane is offline   Reply With Quote