Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform

This is a discussion on Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Thanks for the follow up. Firstly you have to be careful. You haven't downloaded City Index Advantage Web! You have ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:47pm   #31
 
7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
thanks for the respond

Thanks for the follow up. Firstly you have to be careful. You haven't downloaded City Index Advantage Web! You have downloaded City Index Advantage Trader!!!
They are different and will confuse things further with their 'help desk'
I have mine downloaded and I have been test trading in order to understand the platform. From a trade point of view it is very quick so that's good. However there are some things that Don't work and I have emailed CI about them. I don't find the platform that well designed but I am a designer of sorts so I'm both fussy and very practical. Where to go from here? well go on to You Tube and find City Index Advantage Trader Platform Tutorial! This will Help. On the whole its pretty instinctive just put its through its paces. 1 of the things that doesn't work for me it the Instrument Search! I have to tell it what I'm actually looking for or it won't give me any info.
I have tried 3 browsers all up to date and I still can't get Finspreads web platform. It won't work on by up to date computer! I really think this is because FS have removed the old platform and along with it the software to access the new platform. Get used to the new platform if you can, and just to complicate things even further there is a Professional Version which is downloadable as well!!
Although that also has problems with my computer as the image is Massive! I tend to agree with you that they have 'Migrated' some of us. Of course they are entirely allowed to do this.





Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
Guess what chrome doesn't work and I still get a grey screen. In desperation I downloaded the City Index Advantage Web application and guess what I can get charts. I thing they have migrated some of us on to CI Advantage platform instead of Finspreads Advantage web. You can also see my watchlist set up and outstanding order. Thanks for your idea about the link. However I don't know what to do next.
indextrader.888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:17pm   #32
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread I wish I had read your post before I clicked on the right mouse button. I think I went bonkers when it let me amend my order. I wonder if a lot of clients have stopped using it so they put some of us on it.

I have included the previous screen shot that shows I can receive and send. The daft thing is the system should know I'm not a City Index client.

For anybody who uses the launcher. This was the link I used to use to get me in to save on tabs.

https://trade.loginandtrade.com/fins...1415801210388#
Attached Thumbnails
city-index2.png   city-index-3.png  
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:18am   #33
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread You can actually click on help and the platform creating watchlists. I will however be putting it through it paces paper trading and then contacting them again today.
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:53am   #34
Joined Nov 2001
As someone who used the old platform until they took it off, I can assure you guys that I had no problem switching to the Advantage Web site, afterwards. They, also, emailed me to advise me of its intended closure, sometime around Dec 9th. I had started with the new platform in November because the old one started to develop problems. When I complained to them about these problems they, kindly, cancelled two trades as a goodwill gesture but told me that that I would have none of those problems if I changed over.

I had navigational problems, at first, because I don't like change, much, which is why I preferred the old platform. I'm ok, now, though.

While I think that you could be right about your views on City Index, etc. there seem to be only two of you in trouble and Fins is a big company. I would have expected more feedback on this thread, by now.

At present, I have made no trades today.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:13pm   #35
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
As someone who used the old platform until they took it off, I can assure you guys that I had no problem switching to the Advantage Web site, afterwards. They, also, emailed me to advise me of its intended closure, sometime around Dec 9th. I had started with the new platform in November because the old one started to develop problems. When I complained to them about these problems they, kindly, cancelled two trades as a goodwill gesture but told me that that I would have none of those problems if I changed over.

I had navigational problems, at first, because I don't like change, much, which is why I preferred the old platform. I'm ok, now, though.

While I think that you could be right about your views on City Index, etc. there seem to be only two of you in trouble and Fins is a big company. I would have expected more feedback on this thread, by now.

At present, I have made no trades today.
How fast is your connection and how much data does Advantage web use? I ask because I spoke to Client Management and they want screen prints before they do anything. However I am wondering if its better for me to use Advantage platform since I'm currently still in testing mode.
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:23pm   #36
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
just thought of an easy test to check if you were accidently migrated to ci, I think it unlikely. i'm still thinking windows/browser conflict.

sign in to ci advantage trader, then click "My Account" and from the drop down menu click "Fund Your Account"

having done that where does that take you?
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:56pm   #37
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
How fast is your connection and how much data does Advantage web use? I ask because I spoke to Client Management and they want screen prints before they do anything. However I am wondering if its better for me to use Advantage platform since I'm currently still in testing mode.
From the time that I pressed "Launch Platform" to the time the chart on the screen was 43 seconds. As I said, the speed is probably the fault of my computer but its good enough for me. What I get is the chart, with the six tabs at the top, that I downloaded on the weekend. The watchlist is not needed unless I want a different one from the default that I have selected.

I am not very technical with computors, I'm afraid. How much data it uses, I don't know.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:18pm   #38
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
my internet connection current speed -

Download Speed: 25173 kbps (3146.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2945 kbps (368.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 5 ms
‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2014‎ ‎13‎:‎08‎:‎18

time for finspreads advantage web to load -

under 20 seconds

I don't know if I've got any way of seeing how much data the web platform is pulling, not a great amount I wouldn't have thought. I doubt you'd need to know that, unless you're on dialup still
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Splitlink
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:07pm   #39
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
my internet connection current speed -

Download Speed: 25173 kbps (3146.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2945 kbps (368.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 5 ms
‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2014‎ ‎13‎:‎08‎:‎18

time for finspreads advantage web to load -

under 20 seconds

I don't know if I've got any way of seeing how much data the web platform is pulling, not a great amount I wouldn't have thought. I doubt you'd need to know that, unless you're on dialup still
Thanks everybody you have all be a great help. The Client Management guy was giving me crap it needed to be 10meg download and 4 meg upoad! Can I just ask what version flash player people are using. I have updated to 16.0.0.235(the latest version) and I wonder if that is the problem.
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:27pm   #40
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
Thanks everybody you have all be a great help. The Client Management guy was giving me crap it needed to be 10meg download and 4 meg upoad! Can I just ask what version flash player people are using. I have updated to 16.0.0.235(the latest version) and I wonder if that is the problem.
tell the guy he's full of shi.. crap.

below a capture of the data streams when starting fins advantage web, as you can see there's not a lot of data flowing, though it comes in from several ip addresses at once.

my flash version is 16.0.0.235

what is your isp speed rating?
Attached Thumbnails
finspreads-platform-data-streams.png  
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:05pm   #41
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
tell the guy he's full of shi.. crap.

below a capture of the data streams when starting fins advantage web, as you can see there's not a lot of data flowing, though it comes in from several ip addresses at once.

my flash version is 16.0.0.235

what is your isp speed rating?
The speed test said it was 2meg download and 0.3meg upload. The flash version number is same. I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install. By the way CI advantage web is running currently. Slightly slow but I only use orders to get in me in if at all.
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:07pm   #42
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
hey pigbear, don't forget to try post 36, the answer to that will be interesting.
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:17pm   #43
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
The speed test said it was 2meg download and 0.3meg upload. The flash version number is same. I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install. By the way CI advantage web is running currently. Slightly slow but I only use orders to get in me in if at all.
ah, i think you may need a new isp or stump up the readies for an upgrade at your current provider.

the choices at my isp are 30, 70 and 150. I am thinking of the 150 upgrade for next year, but i don't yet know what my pc/network mbps limits are, i'm going to have to research that first.
__________________
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:30pm   #44
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
just thought of an easy test to check if you were accidently migrated to ci, I think it unlikely. i'm still thinking windows/browser conflict.

sign in to ci advantage trader, then click "My Account" and from the drop down menu click "Fund Your Account"

having done that where does that take you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
hey pigbear, don't forget to try post 36, the answer to that will be interesting.
It takes me too Finspreads and still has my card details. I guess I will give it rest since hols round the corner.
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:40pm   #45
 
Lightning McQueen's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
It takes me too Finspreads and still has my card details. I guess I will give it rest since hols round the corner.
there you go, no migration issue.

to make sure you haven't multiple instances of flash installed on your pc causing conflicts, go to add/remove programs in control panel and remove all programs from macromedia/adobe that reference flash, leave adobe reader obviously. then go to finspreads and login to advantage web and if it needs to, let the flash plugin auto install.

give it a try, you've nothing to lose at this point. I have no instances of any flash players in my add/remove window, I only have the browser plugin, I would suggest hooking that out too before proceeding to fins, but I'm not sure how you do that, you'll have to google it.
__________________

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Dec 22, 2014 at 4:47pm.
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem With Finspreads Mariusz Wolek First Steps 2 Jan 16, 2009 12:57am
IG Index problem with platform..? Stevenfreaken General Trading Chat 5 Dec 17, 2008 7:24pm
IG trading platform problem alan5616 Spread Betting & CFDs 8 Dec 16, 2008 8:07pm
City Index / Finspreads / iii platform charts not working! francisfinley Spread Betting & CFDs 9 Aug 29, 2008 9:04am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)