Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform

This is a discussion on Problem logging into Finspreads Advantage platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I'm not sure whether to be insulted by your lack of knowledge or be complimented by your talk of youngsters! ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:05am   #16

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
I'm not sure whether to be insulted by your lack of knowledge or be complimented by your talk of youngsters! ( I'm 60)

You clearly don't know what you are talking about as there really is a big problem with logging on. If your computer takes that long to load up And it is working then clearly you have a problem with Your computer!! And it might be helpful if you don't interfere as we are trying to get a Major Problem resolved!

Logging on does Not take the time you think it does! And never should it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Only giving it 10 seconds!?

you impatient youngsters!

When I launch platform I usually do something else while I'm waiting. Like taking my coat off, for instance.
indextrader.888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:24am   #17

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
And it might be helpful if you don't interfere
@ split
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:31am   #18

Joined Feb 2004
I can't log in today.

Quote:
Error: (403) Forbidden [1] - The server is refusing to respond to this request. Are you making an HTTPS request from an HTTP page?
web address says it's https so I guess they going t!ts up, i'm getting my money out!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:43am   #19
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by indextrader.888 View Post
I'm not sure whether to be insulted by your lack of knowledge or be complimented by your talk of youngsters! ( I'm 60)

You clearly don't know what you are talking about as there really is a big problem with logging on. If your computer takes that long to load up And it is working then clearly you have a problem with Your computer!! And it might be helpful if you don't interfere as we are trying to get a Major Problem resolved!

Logging on does Not take the time you think it does! And never should it.
I said that I had an old computer but, if someone has to ring up the dealer to complain about a grey screen, after only waiting 10 seconds, maybe I don't know what I am talking about. You. at sixty, should have learned a bit of patience, (and education). I'm 82 so, perhaps, there's some hope for you, yet.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:49am   #20
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread I was out yesterday in the rain for some rest and relaxation. I should have done this earlier. I have taken a screen dump of the problem and the log on screen. Previously when I logged on with my bypass screen it was light yellow but now it is dark yellow. That screen is the log on for city index clients. I gave the grey screen 2 minutes and still no platform!
When I log onto the bypass screen I get a whirl that stops for a second before carrying on. When I check internet allowance usage it is zero. I might give them another call and see how far they have progressed.
See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
screen1.png   screen2.png  
pigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:13pm   #21
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbear View Post
I was out yesterday in the rain for some rest and relaxation. I should have done this earlier. I have taken a screen dump of the problem and the log on screen. Previously when I logged on with my bypass screen it was light yellow but now it is dark yellow. That screen is the log on for city index clients. I gave the grey screen 2 minutes and still no platform!
When I log onto the bypass screen I get a whirl that stops for a second before carrying on. When I check internet allowance usage it is zero. I might give them another call and see how far they have progressed.
See attached.
I live in Barcelona, maybe that has something to do with it but, regardless of what the other poster said, I am into Finspreads and have been trading this morning, even though he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I use Firefox, so its not that, unless it is a certain area that is affected.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:25pm   #22
Joined Dec 2004
pigbear started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I live in Barcelona, maybe that has something to do with it but, regardless of what the other poster said, I am into Finspreads and have been trading this morning, even though he thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I use Firefox, so its not that, unless it is a certain area that is affected.
It could be that because I am using IE10 and they did suggest switching to another browser. I suppose I will have to nudge them even though the holidays are coming up.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:28pm   #23

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
re grey screen

I'm seriously glad that I'm not the only person with this problem as it confirms that its not at my end, so to speak. They have given me a link for Downloadable software which seems ok but even that doesn't work fully and of course it takes a lot of time to get used to yet another new piece of software. It would be great if the help desk helped but they don't want the hassle of confirming things are not working properly.
My previous broker went bust to the tune of $40 Billion I hope These are not going the same way.

Quote:
I was out yesterday in the rain for some rest and relaxation. I should have done this earlier. I have taken a screen dump of the problem and the log on screen. Previously when I logged on with my bypass screen it was light yellow but now it is dark yellow. That screen is the log on for city index clients. I gave the grey screen 2 minutes and still no platform!
See attached.
indextrader.888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:51pm   #24
Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
I'm seriously glad that I'm not the only person with this problem as it confirms that its not at my end, so to speak. They have given me a link for Downloadable software which seems ok but even that doesn't work fully and of course it takes a lot of time to get used to yet another new piece of software. It would be great if the help desk helped but they don't want the hassle of confirming things are not working properly.
My previous broker went bust to the tune of $40 Billion I hope These are not going the same way.
So am I. I emailed them and they gave me some spiel on IE connectivity problems. However I now know its not adobe flash or java.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:21pm   #25
Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
Guess what chrome doesn't work and I still get a grey screen. In desperation I downloaded the City Index Advantage Web application and guess what I can get charts. I thing they have migrated some of us on to CI Advantage platform instead of Finspreads Advantage web. You can also see my watchlist set up and outstanding order. Thanks for your idea about the link. However I don't know what to do next.
Attached Thumbnails
screen3.png   city-index2.png  
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:56pm   #26
Joined Nov 2001
It's Sunday, so you can't do much but, tomorrow, you should be able to trade . Have a look at the bar on top of your chart and see it your account details are ok- then go ahead. Get the order box by pressing the chart price. Dont forget your stoploss, especially given the problems that you have been experiencing.

You could, if you wish, telephone them and ask the dealer to monitor your trade when you put it on but be nice and don't lose your cool---it helps a lot.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:03pm   #27

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Guess what chrome doesn't work and I still get a grey screen. In desperation I downloaded the City Index Advantage Web application and guess what I can get charts. I thing they have migrated some of us on to CI Advantage platform instead of Finspreads Advantage web. You can also see my watchlist set up and outstanding order. Thanks for your idea about the link. However I don't know what to do next.
out of pure curiosity, to see what would happen, i've just logged on to ci advantage web from the ci website with my fins login.

i see the full finspreads platform, with no sight of a the ci logo anywhere. so maybe it is as you suspected and you're no longer with fins?

haven't tried with advantage trader.

Last edited by Lightning McQueen; Dec 21, 2014 at 6:12pm.
Lightning McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:15pm   #28
Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
out of pure curiosity, to see what would happen, i've just logged on to ci advantage web from the ci website with my fins login.

i see the full finspreads platform, with no sight of a the ci logo anywhere. so maybe it is as you suspected and you're no longer with fins?

haven't tried with advantage trader.
However the same problem persists when I tried city advantage web. I think they screwed up the closing down of the classic web platform.
I am just glad I'm not trading at the moment because I was getting my head together and then this.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:50pm   #29
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
However the same problem persists when I tried city advantage web. I think they screwed up the closing down of the classic web platform.
I am just glad I'm not trading at the moment because I was getting my head together and then this.
I'm not sure what I am going to do Christmas week but, if I do trade, I'll let you know how it goes.

The chart is what I have this afternoon---thirty seconds, or so. I accept the slowness as the fault of the computer. Maybe, there is something going on that I have not noticed, I'll see.

Good luck, anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
screenshot-211214-18-39-29.png  
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:51pm   #30

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
must be a pain for sure. not really getting why it's only affecting a few and not others. maybe they are right and it's only a specific windows/browser conflict, if you can sign in to advantage trader then that's the likely cause imo.

just downloaded ci advantage trader and logged in with my fins account and that works fine too, but obviously ci branded. a very smart platform I must say, very clean and clear and the charts detach, I like!