IG Markets ProRealTime

This is a discussion on IG Markets ProRealTime within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by deancoak How do you get pro-real time working through IG ? I see you activate it through ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:26pm   #9
Joined Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by deancoak View Post
How do you get pro-real time working through IG? I see you activate it through settings but do you then have to go via the pro-real time website to login etc?

Regards

Dean
In the IG main screen (I am looking at a CFD account, not a spread betting account), click on the little arrow by the security (EUR/USD, DAX, FTSE, etc). There you have several options in the drop down menu, (Ticket, Open Order, Insight, etc) Pro Real Time is the fifth one from the top. Just click on it and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps!
Pferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:23pm   #10

2 Posts
Joined May 2014
Ah I see it! Thanks.

Presumably PRT will work just the same as it would without the IG connection i.e. IG will forward me to PRT. Guess I need to take the plung and have a go at it!
deancoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:39pm   #11
Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by deancoak View Post
How do you get pro-real time working through IG? I see you activate it through settings but do you then have to go via the pro-real time website to login etc?

Regards

Dean

4. Launch ProRealTime

Open the Tools menu and click ProRealTime.

http://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platform-prorealtime
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:47pm   #12
Joined Nov 2013
Hi,

If anybody use prorealtime software please help me to scan these two conditions using prorealtime scanner

1) stocks moved 6% from previous close (c/c1 >=1.06)
2) stocks trading narrow range between 2% to 2% (EOD)

I appreciate your response

Thanks
luckyhaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:52pm   #13
Joined Nov 2013
Hi,

If anybody use prorealtime software please help me to scan these two conditions using prorealtime scanner

1) stocks moved 6% from previous close (c/c1 >=1.06)
2) stocks trading narrow range between 2% to -2% (EOD)

I appreciate your response

Thanks
luckyhaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:26pm   #14

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Prorealtime is a 3rd party application licensed to IG from IT finance, although Prorealtime now appears to have its own website independent of IT finance. www.prorealtime.com/en/faq/help_support
Mr.Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2017, 9:34am   #15

6 Posts
Joined May 2012
I have been using ProRealTime for some time now and find it very useful and have so far been getting it free as I have been surpassing IGs minimum of 4 trades per month.

From IG site:
"You can get access to ProRealTime charts at no extra cost if you transact at least four times in a given month. Otherwise there is a £30 per month fee."

I have recently been notified by IG that they will be starting to charge me the £30 PM as according to them "your current trading volumes, even though they have increased, are not sufficient for us to continue offering this advanced platform for free."

I have been making in excess of 30 trades per month but this according to IG is not enough. They mention nothing about a minimum trade size on their site. I do though only have a small account of around £5k so my trade bet size per point is small.

Has anyone had the same from IG as I have.
Zebedeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2017, 6:44pm   #16
Joined Jun 2003
Yes, I had a similar message. I've only deposited the minimum with IG and I've been doing 4 small trades a month just to keep PRT free, so I can see where they are coming from. On the other hand I was planning to put more money in and increase my trade size. I think PRT is great so I'll probably pay for it for a few months and try to find the time to trade much more.

I'm surprised you got the message if you've got £5k with them and do 30 trades per month. I tried to get them to say what a suitable level of trading would be to get free PRT, but they wouldn't commit themselves.
Fintrader is offline   Reply With Quote