Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

This is a discussion on Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Yes, its true SB and CFD companies want you to lose, since they take the other side of your trade, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:12pm   #33
Joined Oct 2008
Yes, its true SB and CFD companies want you to lose, since they take the other side of your trade, because they KNOW 95% of traders are losers.
The other 5%, they hedge trades manually, exposing you to unnecessary risks.

The man in the video is right. Why did they take the video down, though?

Why else do you think the brokers are so rich?
parthaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:35pm   #34
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by parthaab View Post
Who say they are rich ? All the tall shiny buildings are owned by banks. The banks make the brokers look like they belong in the poor house. The banks take the other side of your ECN trade. More likely than not they also own all the brokers. They also own you through mortgage or other kind of debt.

99% of the people lose not because broker take the other side. It is because the banks move the price. All assets used for speculations are owned by the banks directly or indirectly. They move the price because it is profitable and because the clueless blame the brokers.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:42pm   #35
Joined Sep 2013
This time to the Moon!

charlesD started this thread Found this Trade2Win Email in my inbox. I forgot about this thread! Did I really write all that! lol. Unbelievable.

After a 10 month Hiatus, back in again. Currently up 33% in 5 weeks. Not Bad. Keep this up, I'll be rich soon! lol.

That is my Goal. I'll be having the last laugh here. Not the spreadbetting firm! Mark my words! lol.

Enlightened.Joe. Please back up your statements with some evidence. I cannot believe the banks can control the price of all speculative instruments...that is absurd...

3 years ago...Thanks for reply
charlesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:52am   #36
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesD View Post
Enlightened.Joe. Please back up your statements with some evidence. I cannot believe the banks can control the price of all speculative instruments...that is absurd...
I will change my view when you show evidence to the contrary.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:29am   #37
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Yes, its true SB and CFD companies want you to lose, since they take the other side of your trade, because they KNOW 95% of traders are losers.
The other 5%, they hedge trades manually, exposing you to unnecessary risks.

The man in the video is right. Why did they take the video down, though?

Do you really think some SB company can move the EUR/USD price?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:36am   #38
Joined Oct 2008
Do these 90% 'bad' traders fail because of market manipulation? Possibly, I guess. But that is something every trader takes into account - the market is unpredictable. But the fact is, the brokers DEPEND on these failed trades to make money, because they automatically take the opposite side.

We are not talking about manipulation of the markets here. Only that brokers take the opposite position of every trade ( i.e. trade against you ), knowing that statistically > 90% of trades lose anyway. That is why they are called 'market makers' btw.

IF you are unlucky enough to be a (5-10% ) winner type of person, they will profile you since you are making them a loss. Then they will hedge all your trades ( which they are supposed to do anyway ), and this will delay your trades. Besides, they will also requote you, and offer you poor service, since they dont want you.

This, 90%+5%= 95% chances you will fail. And this has nothing to do with market manipulation yet.

Btw, if you listen to Anton ( whose youtube link has been taken down ), he also talks about shills and flesh puppets in the industry, to make it appear as though all is well.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:40am   #39
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Who say they are rich ?
IB brokers ( for example ) asset value in 2016 was US$54.7 billion (2016). Their 2016 revenue alone was 1.6 billion.

Of course, the average trader would nt know their true relations with the big investment banks. But it IS MASSIVE money.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:51am   #40
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Do these 90% 'bad' traders fail because of market manipulation? Possibly, I guess. But that is something every trader takes into account - the market is unpredictable. But the fact is, the brokers DEPEND on these failed trades to make money, because they automatically take the opposite side.

We are not talking about manipulation of the markets here. Only that brokers take the opposite position of every trade ( i.e. trade against you ), knowing that statistically > 90% of trades lose anyway. That is why they are called 'market makers' btw.

IF you are unlucky enough to be a (5-10% ) winner type of person, they will profile you since you are making them a loss. Then they will hedge all your trades ( which they are supposed to do anyway ), and this will delay your trades. Besides, they will also requote you, and offer you poor service, since they dont want you.

This, 90%+5%= 95% chances you will fail. And this has nothing to do with market manipulation yet.

Btw, if you listen to Anton ( whose youtube link has been taken down ), he also talks about shills and flesh puppets in the industry, to make it appear as though all is well.

If there's anything at all in what you say it would seem to be a good argument against short-term trading.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote