CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Just wondering how many other traders have been called by CMC ? They have called me 5 times now to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:35pm   #1
Joined Jan 2009
CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Just wondering how many other traders have been called by CMC ?

They have called me 5 times now to get me to use the new platform. But as I told all of them, the platform is RUBBISH.

Set up a live account and Demo as I still have the Market Maker Desktop version which is old but far superior to the new web version and still better than most web platforms out there now.

Anyone got any views ?
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:52pm   #2
Joined Jul 2010
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post

They have called me 5 times now to get me to use the new platform. But as I told all of them, the platform is RUBBISH.

Set up a live account and Demo as I still have the Market Maker Desktop version which is old but far superior to the new web version and still better than most web platforms out there now.

Anyone got any views ?
They still haven't phoned me, so I'm obviously not considered a valued client

When I last tried, CMC seemed to have three different platforms, all of which had different faults. The common features were slowness and the Helpdesk's lack of knowledge of their own product.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:34am   #3
Joined Aug 2010

Quote:

Anyone got any views ?
yeah they phoned me a few weeks back, im hoping the 'real' platform is better than the demo as i wasnt that impressed.I'll stick with marketmaker - I forgot to ask if they are going to insist on people moving over the the new sofyware or allow those of us who want to stick with marketmaker to do so.
Metals trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:21am   #4
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metals trader View Post
yeah they phoned me a few weeks back, im hoping the 'real' platform is better than the demo as i wasnt that impressed.I'll stick with marketmaker - I forgot to ask if they are going to insist on people moving over the the new sofyware or allow those of us who want to stick with marketmaker to do so.
They are closing down Market Maker in time
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:57am   #5
Joined Jul 2010

Apparently you need to open a new account to use the new platform. That should lose them a few more customers.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:46am   #6

Joined Jul 2007

If any of you lot want to join IG Index, let me forward your email addie to them so I can get a free bottle of champagne.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:59am   #7
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Apparently you need to open a new account to use the new platform. That should lose them a few more customers.
Yes all there live clients are being asked to open a new account on the new platform to get ready to close Market Maker but no date is set yet.

That is because clients like me have told them its rubbish
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:00pm   #8
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
If any of you lot want to join IG Index, let me forward your email addie to them so I can get a free bottle of champagne.
That would be like going from Tesco to Lidl lol
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:17pm   #9
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
That would be like going from Tesco to Lidl lol

Or Poundland?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:53pm   #10
Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Yes all there live clients are being asked to open a new account on the new platform to get ready to close Market Maker but no date is set yet.

That is because clients like me have told them its rubbish
Have cmc lost the plot?

Firstly their spreads are way out compared with the competition (4 points on the dow when you can get 1 point with cityindex!!!!!)

Now they want to close what was for me one of the few good things about there package the market maker software and replace it with a package that looks like it was designed by the Telly tubbies and about as useful!

Do they think we are stupid?
tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:36pm   #11
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread I sent a link to CMC for this thread so lets see if they reply..........
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:45pm   #12
Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
I sent a link to CMC for this thread so lets see if they reply..........

Hmm doubt it somehow I fell they don't listen to their customers anymore.

And just to add have been happily trading the dow with 1 POINT SPREAD with City Index for the last few months.

Last edited by tim3; Sep 4, 2010 at 4:15pm.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:58pm   #13
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Hmm doubt it somehow I fell they don't listen to their customers anymore.

And just to add have been happily trading the dow with 1 POINT SPREAD with City Index for the last few months.
Did they ever listen? They didn't even reply to mails, but that seems to be normal in the SB world.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:58pm   #14
Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Did they ever listen? They didn't even reply to mails, but that seems to be normal in the SB world.
Funny enough I have been with them for a very long time and their business was grown on the back of low spreads and good charting software!How different things are now as both those things you can now get much better with the competition particularly the spreads.

Anyway I used to defend them mainly due the the fact I rearely got re-quotes their and they were (and still are to be fair) very stable when the market moves fast after figures ect ect.

However I am guessing the people in charge at the top have decided to try and increase revenue from the punters they have got rather than compete on price I mean even IG which I guess are their main rival are 50% cheaper on the dow which I am guessing is one of if not the most popular market.

The increased spreads and poor software will in my opinion cost them dear in the long run we will see.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:22pm   #15
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Funny enough I have been with them for a very long time and their business was grown on the back of low spreads and good charting software!How different things are now as both those things you can now get much better with the competition particularly the spreads.

Anyway I used to defend them mainly due the the fact I rearely got re-quotes their and they were (and still are to be fair) very stable when the market moves fast after figures ect ect.

However I am guessing the people in charge at the top have decided to try and increase revenue from the punters they have got rather than compete on price I mean even IG which I guess are their main rival are 50% cheaper on the dow which I am guessing is one of if not the most popular market.

The increased spreads and poor software will in my opinion cost them dear in the long run we will see.
Yes, customers must have left in droves over the last year or so, and if they were hoping the new platform would bring us back they need to do a bit more market research. Someone (Peter Cruddas) became very rich from Deal4Free/CMC, so it seems only fair that he'll be getting a lot less rich now.