CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Craig Thanks for your response regarding the OCO and If Done orders. I am looking for an iphone spreadbet ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:57pm   #46

Joined Sep 2005
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Hi Craig

Thanks for your response regarding the OCO and If Done orders.

I am looking for an iphone spreadbet platform at the moment and have now downloaded the CMC app to test it out on a demo account:

Commodity spreads seem competitive. Equities a little bit less so - FTSE 100 firms seem to be between 15-25bps which is slightly higher than I hoped but it isn't unreasonable.

However, the main problem I'm having is when I am on my 3G network (everything is fine when I'm on a wireless connection). I keep getting logged out! Once I've signed in and tried to add a few products to my watchlist, I am asked to login. And, once I've logged in again, 1 minute goes by before I am required to login again. I assume that CMC is repeatedly 'pinging' my iphone for a response but when it doesn't get one within a certain time limit, it automatically logs me out. Please could you look into this.

Thx

James
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:28pm   #47
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
You cant place a brand new order directly from the chart but you can amend and move stop loss and take profit orders directly, there are coloured horizontal lines for each order type that you can simply drag and drop to your preferred level, really useful for placing risk management close to major support or resistance.

Regards

Craig
Tried the demo. I can see orders but can't seem to drag/move anything directly on the chart?
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:38am   #48
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Does the new software have pop out charts?

Tia
Currently we don't plan to have pop out charts on next gen, but if our clients call out for it that could change in the future

Regards

Craig
craigci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:42am   #49
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Tried the demo. I can see orders but can't seem to drag/move anything directly on the chart?
Hi, you have to click on the triangle first, this represents your entry price, once this has been clicked (it will then be highlighted) you can then drag and drop the stops and take profit orders to your liking. this allows you to amend multiple orders separately

I hope this helps

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:43am   #50
Joined Sep 2009

i've just started using the CFD market maker platform and price changes are about 0.5sec behind or on time with my own IQfeed so at least they are in time with the market, spreads the same. Not placed in orders in really fast moving markets yet though but executing orders no problem with slower markets
gktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:59am   #51
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktk View Post
i've just started using the CFD market maker platform and price changes are about 0.5sec behind or on time with my own IQfeed so at least they are in time with the market, spreads the same. Not placed in orders in really fast moving markets yet though but executing orders no problem with slower markets
Hi

The CFD platform will have the new, tighter spreads by next week on major FX and Indices. So 1.3 on the UK100/German30, 2.5 GBPUSD and 1.6 EURUSD etc. If you are based in the UK I would recommend looking at the next gen demo for spread betting as this is our new premier system. Next Gen for CFDs is not that far away though.

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:02am   #52
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
Hi Craig

Thanks for your response regarding the OCO and If Done orders.

I am looking for an iphone spreadbet platform at the moment and have now downloaded the CMC app to test it out on a demo account:

Commodity spreads seem competitive. Equities a little bit less so - FTSE 100 firms seem to be between 15-25bps which is slightly higher than I hoped but it isn't unreasonable.

However, the main problem I'm having is when I am on my 3G network (everything is fine when I'm on a wireless connection). I keep getting logged out! Once I've signed in and tried to add a few products to my watchlist, I am asked to login. And, once I've logged in again, 1 minute goes by before I am required to login again. I assume that CMC is repeatedly 'pinging' my iphone for a response but when it doesn't get one within a certain time limit, it automatically logs me out. Please could you look into this.

Thx

James
I am getting this looked into right now, there should be no issue with 3G, it should work even if you have the lower level internet connections. Any update from the tech team I will let you know, thanks for the feedback.

The spreads on UK FTSE100 equities should be 0.75 bps on either side with an increase only on FTSE 250 companies

Thanks for having a look

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:33am   #53
Joined Jul 2010

Thanks for the info, Craig.
On another topic, 1.6pt, 2.5pt spread, or whatever, are just confusing. Why not 1pt FTSE/DAX/EU, 2pt Dow, as per opposition?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:53am   #54
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Craig.
On another topic, 1.6pt, 2.5pt spread, or whatever, are just confusing. Why not 1pt FTSE/DAX/EU, 2pt Dow, as per opposition?
Well, what we are trying to do is offer the lowest consistent spreads, as in we will rarely be above 1.3 on the UK100 or above 1.6 on EURUSD.

Other firms that offer lower headline spreads state that it is 'from 1 point' but some of the time they could be 2 or even 3 points depending on volumes (if you check their average spreads they would likely be above our constant spreads)

It is because of our price precision that we are able to offer these kinds of spreads and sometimes even tighter.

For you guys its win/win, you have choice, its worth checking CMC's prices next to your other providers as sometimes they will be cheaper, sometime we will be cheaper

Check out EURUSD later in the afternoon, we will be 1.6 others will be simply 1 or 2

I hope this answers your question

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:00pm   #55

Joined Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
I am getting this looked into right now, there should be no issue with 3G, it should work even if you have the lower level internet connections. Any update from the tech team I will let you know, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks Craig.

As a quick update, I am now being logged out repeatedly on a wireless network which was working ok yesterday - once again, this is on the demo account.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:39pm   #56
Joined Jul 2010

Is there a way of zooming in on charts?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:56pm   #57
Joined Aug 2003

Quote:
Is there a way of zooming in on charts?
I was wondering about this. I was going to contact them about it but since you brought it up....

What I did notice is that if you watch the instructional video on their website, their charts have more buttons to click on. I am assuming that one of these buttons allows you to expand the chart.

The charts are not much use if you cannot expand them.

I want the missing buttons!
swandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:00am   #58
Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by swandro View Post
I was wondering about this. I was going to contact them about it but since you brought it up....

What I did notice is that if you watch the instructional video on their website, their charts have more buttons to click on. I am assuming that one of these buttons allows you to expand the chart.

Sadly although the new platform has many good features the charts is not one of them!
Very basic and miles behind what we had with market maker or what ig and others offer.
tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:34am   #59
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by swandro View Post

Hi Guys

Zooming in and out, additional manipulations plus many drawing tools have been built, we are just waiting for our next release on the next gen platform which will be very shortly

Expect these but many other charting options over the coming weeks

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:37am   #60
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Sadly although the new platform has many good features the charts is not one of them!
Very basic and miles behind what we had with market maker or what ig and others offer.
Hi

You will be glad to know that we are adding substantially more tools on the charts including many advanced functions not seen anywhere else. We are looking to create a marketing leading charting package, this is just the beginning.

Regards

Craig