CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Ross Spur Call me cynical, but I think spreadbet slippage is always a feature of the platform ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:46pm   #136
x4x
Joined Sep 2008
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Call me cynical, but I think spreadbet slippage is always a feature of the platform that is designed to be adjustable. As with WS and Spreadco, theoretically narrow spreads are no use if they're effectively untradeable.

Time is running out for Next Gen!
I absolutely agree - slippage must be adjustable, up or down depending on how well we/they are doing.

If a tinpot company like Gekko can offer free guaranteed stops then some of the bigger companies should be able to also. If it were my platform I would have a light which when on indicates guaranteed stops are in place and when off they are not.

There's no point someone coming on here saying they are making pioneering changes within the industry when in reality there is nothing new, apart from a headline spread that proves to be a just a bit of hype.
x4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:03pm   #137
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4x View Post
if I was going to spend a few mill on something .
100 Million
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:34pm   #138
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
100 Million
Ouch!!

What a waste - I would have thought something good should have been developed for that money.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:14pm   #139
Joined Sep 2011

100 million my butt, may have declared that to the taxman but I wouldn't have paid over a quid for this piece of dog turd platform.
uk dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:52pm   #140
Joined Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
100 million my butt, may have declared that to the taxman but I wouldn't have paid over a quid for this piece of dog turd platform.
That's a bit harsh Dave - I would have paid a tenner for it

Joking aside, the next generation platform will make or break CMC, I gave PC some good imput after going a few rounds with him he finally realised I was talking sense, but the slippage on market orders, the suspended markets and trade rejections will be their demise even if they introduced zero spreads.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:52pm   #141
Joined Apr 2009

I thought next gen was a real success... 300% growth and complete customer satisfaction?
At least that's what PC kept saying... ha ha.
lancenicolase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:53pm   #142
Joined Jan 2006

I think you guys are a little bit quick to pass judgement. I am willing to see what they come up with in the coming month regarding platform upgrade and slippage. As I said CMC have invested a lot capital the platform, so I think we are going to see some improvement, hopefully it also will include a more sound slippage policy.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:07pm   #143
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
I think you guys are a little bit quick to pass judgement. I am willing to see what they come up with in the coming month regarding platform upgrade and slippage. As I said CMC have invested a lot capital the platform, so I think we are going to see some improvement, hopefully it also will include a more sound slippage policy.
If Next Gen worked the way PC described there wouldn't need to be a slippage policy. Trades were supposed to go through the system fully automatically, and if the price had moved by the time it reached the platform you were filled at that level, for better or worse. Overall, the negatives and positives would tend to balance.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:11pm   #144
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancenicolase View Post
I thought next gen was a real success... 300% growth and complete customer satisfaction?
At least that's what PC kept saying... ha ha.
At first it was extremely fast both in and out, stops were being hit on the money more often than not so the tight spreads had real value. Now almost every stop is slipped, often by what I would consider a wholly unacceptable amount (10 -20%), execution is now very slow and the platform is cumbersome - it should be called geriatric rather than 'next gen'. What exactly makes it 'next gen'?

There is supposed to be an upgrade on the way, but I doubt it will be anywhere near what is required to compete with far superior platforms that already exist.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:22pm   #145
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:

There is supposed to be an upgrade on the way, but I doubt it will be anywhere near what is required to compete with far superior platforms that already exist.
In that case we'll all be able to say hi to PC down at the Job Centre.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:43pm   #146
x4x
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
In that case we'll all be able to say hi to PC down at the Job Centre.
To spend 100 million on something that hasn't been researched and designed properly is a huge **** up - his days may well be numbered.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:15pm   #147
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
To spend 100 million on something that hasn't been researched and designed properly is a huge **** up - his days may well be numbered.
There must be too many yesmen at CMC. They need people like us who tell it like it is! Still, it will take a lot more than £100m to dent PC, although he might drop a few places in the Sunday Times Rich List.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:25pm   #148
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Well here is the rich guy, you seem to have it all I guess.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:42pm   #149
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
If Next Gen worked the way PC described there wouldn't need to be a slippage policy. Trades were supposed to go through the system fully automatically, and if the price had moved by the time it reached the platform you were filled at that level, for better or worse. Overall, the negatives and positives would tend to balance.
I don't think they are able to keep the 0.7 spread if the slippage is totally even out. One must realize that they will not give away money for free. I will wait and see how they perform after the platform have been upgraded. I mean, what is the use to keep ranting like some traders do on this thread, and still even continue trading with them. Beats me, but what do I know.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:47pm   #150
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
I don't think they are able to keep the 0.7 spread if the slippage is totally even out. One must realize that they will not give away money for free. I will wait and see how they perform after the platform have been upgraded. I mean, what is the use to keep ranting like some traders do on this thread, and still even continue trading with them. Beats me, but what do I know.
Pity they can't just get rid of the decimals and offer a fixed 1pt spread with good execution on all the main indices and EU/GU.