CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by tim3 why would you trade at cmc? Exactly !I'm not I'm on SLM http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Index.aspx...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:06pm   #91
Joined Jan 2009
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
why would you trade at cmc?
Exactly !I'm not

I'm on SLM http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Index.aspx
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:28pm   #92

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2010

Thanks just tried moving my stop loss above my entry point( finally got a position in the right direction) and I was able to amend it. I just clicked on the stop loss limit and moved it above my entry point. I also did the same thing from the charts - clicked on the triangle and then moved the red bar (the stop) above the triangle (my entry point). Both worked. I am on their demo platform, so not sure which one you're using.
Would be better if there was a trailing stop loss feature - for me as a beginner I think the CMC platform has been pretty functional and no issues so far. The iPhone app is also very cool. The ig and citi index versions seem less functional but I will give them a try. But right now I am finding CMC's platform very easy to use and I am actually making money!

Last edited by sultank; Sep 22, 2010 at 4:03pm. Reason: Want to add some more points
sultank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:08pm   #93
Joined Sep 2003

I've been a CMC client for some time. Over the last few years they have drastically cut back on the number of instruments available on MarketMaker. The new platform appears to be the destination that this direction has been heading toward.

While 'simplification' may have benefits for day traders and/or newcomers, it's a vast step backwards for everyone else. For me it's no good. I can't bet on futures contracts, meaning backwardation can't be taken advantage of, but more importantly, it's a lot more expensive to run a longer term bet. The cost of carriage on the 'simplified' bet is far more than the future.

So, far fewer instruments to bet on, no futures = find another firm (for me at least).
Simoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:24pm   #94

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2007

I've just come across this thread after playing around on the new platform.

I am surprised that a lot of the things craig mentioned have still not changed!

no 30 min on the chart, but really handy they have 5seconds!!
can't put sell limit orders below the market
I can't reduce the size of the chart beyond certain amount, admittedly i'm on a laptop but still.
still lack of technicals on charts
no fixed income?
Saving different layouts

Got a few other issues but thats all can think of at the moment, will log others as and when I remember.

Craig mentioned the system would get an upgrade in a couple of weeks?!? that was back in early september.

Baffles me that they would launch a half finished system, really hope they get it fully sorted before they take down marketmaker otherwise I like i imagine a lot of others will have to go elsewhere.
borso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:29am   #95
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by borso View Post
Craig mentioned the system would get an upgrade in a couple of weeks?!? that was back in early september.

Baffles me that they would launch a half finished system, really hope they get it fully sorted before they take down marketmaker otherwise I like i imagine a lot of others will have to go elsewhere.
Baffles me to ?

Adverts on Cabs in London for a Platform which really is just a beta version. I like the fact CMC is London based and was nearly tempted to trade live but so many factors make that not possible.

Craig ! Where are the updates on here and on the platform ?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:37am   #96
Joined Apr 2010

I think unless cmc improve things quickly they will lose a lot of markrt share.

As other platfrorms get better they launch a platform with some of the most basic charts I have ever seen on a sb platform.

You can now get much better charts with much lower spreads elsewhere,well better charts nearly everywhere to be honest!

I appreciate some of the points Craig made but having played with the platform for a while I find after a very short time it feels heavy to use and the lack of pop outs is a basic mistake too imo.

I mean come on surely quality charts are the number 1 thing traders need to trade.

I am starting to wonder if this is deliberate.

It certainly appears is not a priority to them.
tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:42am   #97
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Craig
Craig - last log in Sep 10, 2010, 4:23pm ?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:14am   #98
Joined Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
Because we have added extra decimal points on to many of our most popular instruments, to offer greater price transparency, you can actually set limit orders fractions of a pip away, if you wish.
I am interested , can you explain how different you would be compared with ProSpreads, i mean main thing do you offer DMA, or are your dealers still quoting the prices.?
pit pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:30pm   #99
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit pony View Post
I am interested , can you explain how different you would be compared with ProSpreads, i mean main thing do you offer DMA, or are your dealers still quoting the prices.?
No SBs are really DMA, I believe, so hopefully 'no requotes' CMC should be like Prospreads, except with narrower spreads.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:10pm   #100
Joined Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
No SBs are really DMA, I believe, so hopefully 'no requotes' CMC should be like Prospreads, except with narrower spreads.
Ross

i have run my old TT against the prospreads platform and it mirrors the same prices, if they are not DMA then i would be amazed as the fill's and fast execution if second to none. It's ok saying about the spreads that some sbetters offer may look better, but as i have said before it's maybe not getting into the trade it's the getting out that really matters, this is where the other guy's dont honour there spread( they know your position so make the market accordingly) , thats why they are far much better than all the rest, also i like seeing my orders actually changing the volumes of the underlying market, you dont see that anywhere else, that's why i beleive they are DMA.
pit pony is offline   Reply With Quote