CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by craigci05 Hi You will be glad to know that we are adding substantially more tools on the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:07am   #64
Joined Apr 2010
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
Hi

You will be glad to know that we are adding substantially more tools on the charts including many advanced functions not seen anywhere else. We are looking to create a marketing leading charting package, this is just the beginning.

Regards

Craig
Thanks Craig.

Will look forward to seeing them in the future.

Some feedback:

Like the performace and volatility indicator on the charts.

The platform itself except the charts does seem an improvement on the previous one

Can't seem to find the s&p futures on their.

The pop out feature will be missed as I did find that it made things easier to manage

Thought we got 1 point spread on the ftse with the old platform or have I got this wrong?

Also think you need to reduce the spread on the dow bearing in mind I can get 1 point all the time during market hours with cityindex

Will consider migrating if the chart features improve to a the levels of marketmaker but at the moment they are not fit for my purpose.

Regards

Tim

Last edited by tim3; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:13am. Reason: Corrected mistake
tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:15pm   #65
Joined Jul 2010

Heikin-Ashi candles, please, and placing orders by clicking on chart.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:45pm   #66
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3 View Post
Thanks Craig.

Will look forward to seeing them in the future.

Some feedback:

Like the performace and volatility indicator on the charts.

The platform itself except the charts does seem an improvement on the previous one

Can't seem to find the s&p futures on their.

The pop out feature will be missed as I did find that it made things easier to manage

Thought we got 1 point spread on the ftse with the old platform or have I got this wrong?

Also think you need to reduce the spread on the dow bearing in mind I can get 1 point all the time during market hours with cityindex

Will consider migrating if the chart features improve to a the levels of marketmaker but at the moment they are not fit for my purpose.

Regards

Tim
Thanks for the feedback

We don't offer futures or forward contracts on the next gen platform, everything is now a cash price. By offering one price for each product we hope to make SB easier for client to get to grips with rather than offering 4-5 different contacts for each instrument.

I too like the pop out functions, I will talk to the developers about this feature

We were 2 points on the UK100 but have now dropped to 1.3, we are one of the few providers to offer fractions of pips on spreads, it also allows us to go even tighter in the future

If you compare the City Index Dow price to almost any other provider you might notice their price could be quite far out from the futures market (which most SB firms use as a bench mark) Offering 1 point on the Dow is almost counter productive if you are 3-4 pips away from the bench mark, (if i have this wrong please comment appropriately)

I don't think even CMC gets 1 point spreads from the exchange and as we activily hedge our client positions its unlikely we could go to 1 point

Thanks for the feedback, the charts will come soon

Regards

Craig
craigci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:47pm   #67
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalott View Post
Dont forget to add more options to time periods like 30 min

and the style of the bars, like point and figure, TLB, renko,kagi (same as in the market maker)
We are looking to add 30mins and 4hrs shortly, other charting types like P&F, renko would come later

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:48pm   #68
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Heikin-Ashi candles, please, and placing orders by clicking on chart.
Trading from charts is something we are looking into now, you can currently set stops and take profits directly from the charts already

Speak soon

Craig
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:55pm   #69
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
Thanks for the feedback

We don't offer futures or forward contracts on the next gen platform, everything is now a cash price. By offering one price for each product we hope to make SB easier for client to get to grips with rather than offering 4-5 different contacts for each instrument.

I too like the pop out functions, I will talk to the developers about this feature

We were 2 points on the UK100 but have now dropped to 1.3, we are one of the few providers to offer fractions of pips on spreads, it also allows us to go even tighter in the future

If you compare the City Index Dow price to almost any other provider you might notice their price could be quite far out from the futures market (which most SB firms use as a bench mark) Offering 1 point on the Dow is almost counter productive if you are 3-4 pips away from the bench mark, (if i have this wrong please comment appropriately)

I don't think even CMC gets 1 point spreads from the exchange and as we activily hedge our client positions its unlikely we could go to 1 point

Thanks for the feedback, the charts will come soon

Regards

Craig
If they're all cash prices that means you clients have to pay financing charges every day, doesn't it?

Still not convinced by your arguments about spreads. Surely CMC gets 0.5pt spread on Euro index futures and 1pt on YM, same as everyone else? Plenty of SBs provide fixed 1pt on FTSE/DAX/EU and 2pt on Dow. Starting about six months ago, Fins C.Index also give fixed 1pt on Dow, and they would have stopped by now if it cost them money. All the SB cash quotes vary slightly because of slightly different fair value calculations, but they all move in step with the future.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:27pm   #70
Joined Jan 2009
iPhone App

JDTRADER started this thread http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/spread-b...obile-platform

I like the iPhone App

I would never enter trades from a mobile app but great see to see open positions and close if needed.

Any news on Financial incentives to deposit on the new platform ?

I could be tempted but I would use third party charts at this stage.
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote