CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a discussion on CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by JDTRADER I Refer to my earlier Question Craig: Any News ? I'm afraid its unlikely we will ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:05pm   #73
Joined Jan 2008
Re: CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
I Refer to my earlier Question Craig:

Any News ?
I'm afraid its unlikely we will be offering a direct financial incentive to use the platform, we're hoping the platform, pricing, technology, execution and service will convince clients to start using us

Worth a try though

Regards

Craig
craigci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:14pm   #74
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigci05 View Post
I'm afraid its unlikely we will be offering a direct financial incentive to use the platform, we're hoping the platform, pricing, technology, execution and service will convince clients to start using us

Worth a try though

Regards

Craig
Really

I think this vid sums up my reply:

Last edited by JDTRADER; Sep 10, 2010 at 2:39pm.
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:38pm   #75
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
Nice one
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:49pm   #76
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Nice one
lol

Just think there should be something ££££

Here it is " show me the money"

Come on Craig !
LOUDER
"SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!"

lol

Either free trading risk or match deposits, please
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:30pm   #77
Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback

We don't offer futures or forward contracts on the next gen platform, everything is now a cash price. By offering one price for each product we hope to make SB easier for client to get to grips with rather than offering 4-5 different contacts for each instrument.

I too like the pop out functions, I will talk to the developers about this feature

We were 2 points on the UK100 but have now dropped to 1.3, we are one of the few providers to offer fractions of pips on spreads, it also allows us to go even tighter in the future

If you compare the City Index Dow price to almost any other provider you might notice their price could be quite far out from the futures market (which most SB firms use as a bench mark) Offering 1 point on the Dow is almost counter productive if you are 3-4 pips away from the bench mark, (if i have this wrong please comment appropriately)

I don't think even CMC gets 1 point spreads from the exchange and as we activily hedge our client positions its unlikely we could go to 1 point

Thanks for the feedback, the charts will come soon

Regards

Craig
To be honest I find city to be very close to where it should be and if they were to be to far out because the price you see allows you to trade short or long they would leave themselves open too abitradge.

Anyway probably best to move on from this issue as you have made your point and so have I.

And to be fair your platform is a lot more stable than citys when things get wild

Like you I find it hard to understand how a company can make money with 0 or even 1 point spread on the dow unless they are not hedging.If I was running your company which of course I am not I would say that 2 points is probably fair as this is what the market leader offers.

You also make a very good point if you make money trading you will probably make money with whoever you tarde with(unless you are doing very low point scalps all day) and if you do feel you are being treated unfairly by the sb's you can always open a real futures account.

I think many blame the sb's when the real reason they lose money is poor trading discipline and money management,the sb's are an easy target in this respect.

Have a good weekend

Tim
tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:36pm   #78
Joined Jul 2010

Still seems baffling why those who already have a CMC account need to open another to use the new platform. Spreads wider than competition, bad previous reputation and no 'free money' incentives all mean that few will be tempted.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:08pm   #79
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Still seems baffling why those who already have a CMC account need to open another to use the new platform. Spreads wider than competition, bad previous reputation and no 'free money' incentives all mean that few will be tempted.
I can understand where you are coming from, I myself have made a lot of 'free money' from these deals over the years and have not gone on to trade with my own. At the end of the day we all want free money, but unfortunately it now comes down to being a good trader.

You've probably noticed a lot less of the deals recently, that's because they simply don't work

CMC is after long term relationships with our clients, the boom and bust days are over

Have a good weekend, and all the best in regards to your trading

Regards

Craig
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:14pm   #80
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:

CMC is after long term relationships with our clients

But you have to get the clients in the first place

the boom and bust days are over
That's what Gordon Brown said just before the crash.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote