Reliable trading platform

modzew

I am looking for a reliable trading platform/dealer that will work in volatile times when there is spike in volume (ex: NFP and FOMC) regardless of traders account size.

FXCM is as bet as it gets- they turn off small players to cater their lager institutional traders. And that by no means is good business and a way to trade.

Thanx

fxcm is good sometimes, but not when major news comes out, they even send you 3-10 emails from the day before to ensure you have your positions set . I can not speak for other trading platforms. If you have the extra time set up 2 accounts , buy/sell same pairs with different accounts with 1 or 2 brokers. Make your spead 8-15 pips apart and dont get greedy. if the market moves like today it will move 50-100+ pips. Sometimes less especially if the numbers come close to what was expected.

josephforex,

Problem that i have having with with FXCM is that they simply pull plugs on small time players like me-- so just from their priorities i would not recommend them to any traders.

Any one has an idea/using as to CMC markets, IFX Markets and CMS??

Hello

modzew said:
josephforex,

Problem that i have having with with FXCM is that they simply pull plugs on small time players like me-- so just from their priorities i would not recommend them to any traders.

Any one has an idea/using as to CMC markets, IFX Markets and CMS??

Use Oanda - read about it on this site and at elitetrader.com-very few, if any, complaints ;)

I just opened a demo account with FXCM and will test their trades. Starting with usd/chf...I entered at 1.2700 they at 1.2703 so we'll see what happens. When I can enter close to their entry I will try their trades.

Will open an Oanda demo later today to run both and see the differences.

Dunno for sure. I believe they do. I saw a copy of their terms yesterday on another forum, when searching for some FXCM feedback and believe I read it was possible. But as sais, not sure, so pls check yourself.

On the FXCM feedback I have found, they don't come out to well, I must say. Many stories about them trading against your own trades, and therefore often stopping the succesfull traders.
The forecast from them seems to be okay though. But for now, I'm just trying out their Demo and it looks allright.

I use Oanda and am very happy with them. Charts are not great by there are lots of other freebie charts anyway so not that important.

neil said:
See what others on Elitetrader.com think and excercise caution with Marketiva :(

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=860689&highlight=marketiva#post860689

marketiva is the best broker for me i tried more than one but i didnt find like marketiva platform and it's familiar.abut the regised in us
they will be registed soon in us and i see after thet they will be from the best broker in world .if we have much age i wil be remember you that what i told. :cool:

Use Oanda

I am living testimony to the superiority of Oanda as a trading platform. I used two other brokers and was traded against by the dealing desk. When I switched to Oanda (no dealing desk, completely electronic orders) that no longer was a problem and I am very profitable now. Their platform is java based and completely internet-based. This is great for people who have a work computer but do not have administrative privileges to install a platform. In fact, it is my opinion that their internet-based platform is much more stable that 90% of the windows-based platforms. Their execution times are very quick as well. Trust me on this one, use Oanda if you want to truly maximize your profit potential.

specialest said:
marketiva is the best broker for me i tried more than one but i didnt find like marketiva platform and it's familiar.abut the regised in us
they will be registed soon in us and i see after thet they will be from the best broker in world .if we have much age i wil be remember you that what i told. :cool:

what other brokers have you tried and how is marketiva better? With your single post my guess is that you're just another marketiva sales employee

Marketiva is still a new company. I will never trust them before years. Their referral program is also another reason that we should be very careful with positive feedback about them. Some people are just trying to earn commsions from referring.

Old_Bob said:
Marketiva is still a new company. I will never trust them before years. Their referral program is also another reason that we should be very careful with positive feedback about them. Some people are just trying to earn commsions from referring.

All forex brokers have IB/referral system. Does that mean we can't trust all of them? :cheesy:

jdpdjdm said:
I am living testimony to the superiority of Oanda as a trading platform. I used two other brokers and was traded against by the dealing desk. When I switched to Oanda (no dealing desk, completely electronic orders) that no longer was a problem and I am very profitable now. Their platform is java based and completely internet-based. This is great for people who have a work computer but do not have administrative privileges to install a platform. In fact, it is my opinion that their internet-based platform is much more stable that 90% of the windows-based platforms. Their execution times are very quick as well. Trust me on this one, use Oanda if you want to truly maximize your profit potential.

I also like Oanda but their chart system look ugly for me,not quite friendly. :eek:

jdpdjdm said:

Totally agree, I've found them excellent, too.

Oanda charting

I agree that their charting is lacking quite a bit. However, when you have a very stable platform and a fair service that doesn't trade against you, to me that is much more favorable to locking in more profits. There are plenty of free or very inexpensive charting systems out there anyway.

90% of the time, Oanda has a 1.5 pip spread on the EUR/USD compared to the majority having anywhere from 3 to 5 pip spreads for it. Therefore, you are in effect paying them much less spread than the others which accounts for more money in your pocket. I think that is the reason they don't have a good charting service. But there is a trade-off for everything depending on your needs.

This thread is talking about an honest, reliable service. In that category, the opinion of this member is that Oanda beats most of them by a long shot.