Revenge Trading

This is a discussion on Revenge Trading within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; as with most acts of violence, revenge is usually most successful when initiated by you, in advance. so if you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:46pm   #17

Joined Jun 2007
Re: Revenge Trading

as with most acts of violence, revenge is usually most successful when initiated by you, in advance.

so if you can predict where and when you will stuff up, you can get your revenge in early .......

karl6666: 'Why doesnt anybody like you R_E, is it because you shout?'
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 6:43pm   #18

Joined Feb 2010

Pre-emptive trading eh? Start a thread, see how it goes.

Oh btw I've begun to use this "leave it alone" technique. So far I'm still in the hole after trading, but not pissed off.

I was hoping it would magically work in my favour.
Ninja_Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 3:54pm   #19

Joined Feb 2010

Well I have to say, after a wacky morning I'm in the plus again, and I kept this revenge trading in mind. Kept me out of making terrible decisions and made me think clearly. Thank you OP for starting this thread, and thanks to those who've posted!

Yesterday was just straight profit with a single ~$200 loss. around ~$646 in profit. Was up to $846 at one point.

Losses are a part of trading though. Just can't let them get you down, because eventually you win and start to see a trend. I've called Wednesdays "Wacky Wednesday" for years, but ever since I started trading futures, it's taken on a new meaning.

Good luck out there folks, keep your head up and keep positive! I like to make fun of the situation and treat the market as the new kid at the job. Makes things easier to handle.
Ninja_Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 4:14pm   #20

9 Posts
Joined Mar 2010

Go to honeymoon for a week...then come
rajgreenpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 9:43am   #21

3 Posts
Joined May 2010

Revenge doesn't really work well if you don't have a good plan and if you cannot control your temper. You have to keep a clear mind and focus on what you have to do. When you're not yourself, you'll end up losing more money instead of winning them back.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:17am   #22
Joined Aug 2003

If I take 3 losses in a row, which basically wipes out my previous last good trad(e as I trade on a ration 1 to 3) Then I turn on my alpari micro account and trade 10p a point. this way it does not matter as the loss is small, I will not go back to my main account until I have made a profit on the micro.
We will always get into the revenge trade situation regardless of our experience.The battle is more a psychological one, So if the market is screwing you then let it not affect you too much financially.
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:51am   #23

Joined Sep 2010

I just wanna say. The guy about me doesn't know much about Forex Trading, but talks as if he's an Advice expert.

The Advantage of Forex Trading is it lets you decide how much margin you are willing to use. If you choose a margin of 100:1 or anything higher, that's gambling. If you choose anything below that margin and play very carefully with your money, you can make some very nice returns. How does 30 percent a week sound?

For starters, start out with as little money as possible. Why? You are bound to blow several accounts before you actually get the hang of it. Game accounts are good too, but the only problem with game accounts is you will probably not take it as seriously. Start out with an account of maybe $400. If you profit from there, Great. But even if you lose that money, at least you won't cry over it.

I am currently making a consistent 40-50 percent return a month on Forex with a 50:1 margin. THAT's HUGE. If I was trading without margin, that would be about 1percent. LOLX. Improper money management = gambling. Make good use of that margin, and you'll be rich. Just do the math.

$2500 x (1.40)^12 = Profit in 1 year.
Profit in 1 year x (1.40)^12= MILLIONS.

All it takes is two years to become a millionaire in Forex. The only problem is only 10percent of people succeed, the other 90percent fail. Good Luck
KajolThappar is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:08pm   #24

3 Posts
Joined Sep 2010

Used to get so mad I could throw my cellphone in the wall, hit my laptop, throw it.. I actually bought a dog just to be able to get out of the house when I get mad and take long walks. Then when I get back in I usually feel better and can make better decisions again..

Most important thing is to actually take a break I think...
Zelnik is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote