The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction.

This is a discussion on The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction. within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; If there is a question within yourself about whether or not you can make it as a trader and you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:15pm   #16

Joined Mar 2011
If there is a question within yourself about whether or not you can make it as a trader and you need a quick answer, try futures. My holy grail is a steady income from trading.

Cheers
numbertea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:11pm   #17
Joined May 2013
I do not think that there are such holy grails and thus traders should not fall prey for such scam programs.
Babyblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:53am   #18

4 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
There is a holy grail!

It is called a live broadcast of the ECB meeting, 'strong vigilance', a quick finger and 1000 (or more) lots in ze Bund.
Balth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:06pm   #19
Joined Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
"Holy Grail"?

Nothing to do with trading.

The Holy Grail is a dish, plate, stone, or cup that is part of an important theme of Arthurian literature. A grail, wondrous but not explicitly "holy," first appears in Perceval le Gallois, an unfinished romance by Chrétien de Troyes:[1] it is a processional salver used to serve at a feast. Chrétien's story attracted many continuators, translators and interpreters in the later 12th and early 13th centuries, including Wolfram von Eschenbach, who makes the grail a great precious stone that fell from the sky. The Grail legend became interwoven with legends of the Holy Chalice.[2] The connection with Joseph of Arimathea and with vessels associated with the Last Supper and crucifixion of Jesus, dates from Robert de Boron's Joseph d'Arimathie (late 12th century) in which Joseph receives the Grail from an apparition of Jesus and sends it with his followers to Great Britain. Building upon this theme, later writers recounted how Joseph used the Grail to catch Christ's blood while interring him and how he founded a line of guardians to keep it safe in Britain. The legend may combine Christian lore with a Celtic myth of a cauldron endowed with special powers. (from Wiki)

So there....
That's certainly on topic if delightfully off kilter.

There has also been a suggestion that the French from which this was originally derived "Saint Graal" was possibly a corruption of "Sang Real" or royal bloodline: The vessel for this precious liquid being the living ancestor(s) of [that] line rather than the cup or chalice associated with the currently extent folklore.

I know I should take all of this with a pinch of salt, but I can't help thinking that before we start discounting the existence of fairies and fairy stories which can be neither validated nor debunked, we should apply that same decision making process to the existence of dark matter for which we are all assured by the scientific community really does exist even if it can't be detected or proven.

Last edited by Purple Brain; Sep 3, 2013 at 12:25pm. Reason: correction to the French as notified by Shakone
Purple Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Shakone
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:25pm   #20
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
the Holy Grail of anything and for anything in life is within you ..........its the journey and not the destination that is the true Grail ........thats the twist

you can ask anyone that has achieved it ........but beware as they probably will not answer you

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: glyder
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:30pm   #21

Joined Mar 2004
Let's get off religion and back to trading.

The HG of trading is 100% of many winning trades imho.

Not possible but worth aiming for

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:33pm   #22

Joined Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Brain View Post
That's certainly on topic if delightfully off kilter.

There has also been a suggestion that the French from which this was originally derived "Saint Graal" was possibly a corruption of "Sang Real" or royal bloodline: The vessel for this precious liquid being the living ancestor(s) of [that] line rather than the cup or chalice associated with the currently extent folklore.

I know I should take all of this with a pinch of salt, but I can't help thinking that before we start discounting the existence of fairies and fairy stories which can be neither validated nor debunked, we should apply that same decision making process to the existence of dark matter for which we are all assured by the scientific community really does exist even if it can't be detected or proven.
Well they could call it "WTF is that", but because there are a lot of literate and technical people in science community, they decided to call it Dark Matter. It's not something they can see, you are right, but it something they cannot see.

See the difference? Well... what I'm trying to say that there are unexplained events happening and we decided to blame it on the dark matter for now..

P.S. Flying Spaghetti Monster is real and I still cannot understand what OP meant by Holy Grail.
DitterPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:53am   #23

Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblush View Post
I do not think that there are such holy grails and thus traders should not fall prey for such scam programs.
Your are wrong and also quite right!.

There is a holy grail and no you should not fall for scam programs.
The holy grail is in you already, only you can make it happen.
And you really can. But its gonna take a lot of time and practice.
They key is to not lose money while learning, stay in the game, rely on
reality not hope.
The holy grail is good.
glyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:40am   #24

Joined Jun 2005
Positive expectancy is a holy grail. If you think of it: correctly executed long series of trades with positive expectancy results in 100% probability of profit. Isn't it what every trader wants?
Cornix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: glyder , cablemonster
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:11am   #25

Joined Apr 2008
Hi Cornix, yes I fully agree. All it needs a a 'holy grail' human to operate the system consistently and away you go.
glyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Cornix
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:13am   #26

Joined Jun 2005
Yea, hence the importance of psychological skills: discipline and emotional control.
Cornix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cablemonster
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:16am   #27
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
I recommend people take a look at the Adam principle from wilde ........the actual system is somewhat controversial and open to despute and challenge (what system isnt ?) but the narration and follow up has some very very sobering comments about trading ...including the Author dismissing some of the most famous indicators in the world that he invented .........interesting !

N

Last edited by NVP; Dec 9, 2013 at 11:17am.
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:21am   #28

Joined Mar 2004
I like to think King Arthur's knights set themselves tasks and one of these was finding enlightenment ( Holy Grail) in their own lives. Rescuing maidens in distress ( enjoying a bit of crumpet ) and slaying mighty dragons ( defeating evil men ) seemed part of their mission in life.

Still relevent today
Attached Thumbnails
tyrants-defeated.png  

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:00pm   #29
Joined Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
I recommend people take a look at the Adam principle from wilde ........
Is that the inverted, reverse mirror image thing?
Purple Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:44pm   #30

Joined Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
I recommend people take a look at the Adam principle from wilde ........the actual system is somewhat controversial and open to despute and challenge (what system isnt ?) but the narration and follow up has some very very sobering comments about trading ...including the Author dismissing some of the most famous indicators in the world that he invented .........interesting !

N
Can you please specify where I can get grip on what you are recommending?
DitterPD is offline   Reply With Quote