Psyhcological help NEEDED.

This is a discussion on Psyhcological help NEEDED. within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; The forex is one of the most profitable investment models that exists, but to make money in it you have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:23pm   #9
Joined Jan 2017
The forex is one of the most profitable investment models that exists, but to make money in it you have to familiarize yourself, learn new concepts and have patience, and above all, a great control of the emotions.
It is necessary to plan taking into account the objectives that have and the limits that can be reached.
cesar470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:44am   #10

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino59 View Post
First off I posted this here, because I value the opinions of this group, and didn't really want a bunch of responses from the masses.

So I spent the last couple of months learning to read the price action on the DOM and have been making trades, now I am at the point that I am consistently hitting winners, and I am up 10% in the last month, on 20 trades.

However I see a lot more trades than I take... I don't know why I don't pull the trigger. Today I had the hand on the mouse when the E-Mini was hovering around 61, I didn't see it going much lower as the buying was absorbing all the selling, but did I take the trade? NO.

I could understand maybe being gun shy if I was on a losing streak, but that is not the case.

Any advice you guys could offer to help me overcome this?

Thanks
If you think that you can effectively daytrade the ES/NQ based on text book stuff..then you will be waiting a long long time.

For starters..you have no mention of Time of Day..as can be very important when trading the ES/NQ..if you do not know why then this in itself should tell you that you do not really know what you are doing.

Before you start jumping up and down..I am trying to help you..so..think before you reply!

You can not say that the ES/NQ will not go lower or higher from where it is..no person can..all you can do is trade it..so..make sure you learn how to place low risk trades..again..if you do not know what constitutes a low risk trade with the ES/NQ then you really should not be trading the ES/NQ

You will get sucked into the ES/NQ very quickly..and if you are not careful you might lose a good bit of money..and this could well be in just one day!

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:14pm   #11
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino59 View Post
First off I posted this here, because I value the opinions of this group, and didn't really want a bunch of responses from the masses.

So I spent the last couple of months learning to read the price action on the DOM and have been making trades, now I am at the point that I am consistently hitting winners, and I am up 10% in the last month, on 20 trades.

However I see a lot more trades than I take... I don't know why I don't pull the trigger. Today I had the hand on the mouse when the E-Mini was hovering around 61, I didn't see it going much lower as the buying was absorbing all the selling, but did I take the trade? NO.

I could understand maybe being gun shy if I was on a losing streak, but that is not the case.

Any advice you guys could offer to help me overcome this?

Thanks
Freezing is a stress related issue , try stress management techniques and read about the stress response .This will help you understand the mind freezing .

It could be analysis paralysis , keep your trading simple.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:26am   #12
Joined Jun 2017
Do you keep a record of your missed trades?

The reason I ask is that it's easy to see the results of our actual trades, but unless you keep a record of your missed trades then our memories of those trades could be tainted. Even keeping track of missed trades can be tainted. It's easy to include the ones where we were just about to press the buy trigger and then saw it rally and not include the ones we were almost just about to press the buy trigger and see them tank.

Perhaps you should run a demo account alongside your actual account? This will throw up if there is a real problem with you missing trades, or just something you feel you're doing wrong.

Hope that helps.

For completeness I'm not currently 'winning' at trading so please take everything I say with a huge dollop of salt.
Don't Follow Me.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd