Offering Professional Trading System Developer and Tester Services

JohnJStenson

For the first 13 months of my daughter’s life I have had the opportunity to be a stay at home dad while strengthening skills to further my career in the financial markets.

I am excited to work again with traders offering my skills to face the challenges of the markets. My strengths in modeling trading systems and finding trading solutions are a great resource for professional traders.

I have spent the last thirteen years working with traders in various capacities from order entry and execution to trading system design and testing. I have a firm grasp of the trading industry that allows me to understand what a trader needs. This knowledge along with my technical and analytical skills and love for learning allow me to find or design solutions for trader's needs.

John J. Stenson
Belmar, NJ
(708) 214-9720
[email protected]

STRENGTHS and SKILLS

* Trading System Development and Analysis
* Compiling In-Depth Research Reports
* Financial Futures and Options Execution
* Derivative Valuation and Pricing
* Statistical Risk / Reward Analysis
* Proficient in Visual Basic, Excel, PHP, MySQL, HTML, JavaScript, beginning Java

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

GIC, LLC Farmingdale, NJ (3/03 – 11/09)
VP of Trading Research and Development

* Worked with a successful CTA developing, testing and implementing trading systems
* Strengthened interpersonal communication skills to understand the complete needs of the trader
* Developed a model of the current trading system to refine, implement new risk strategies and apply to new markets working toward the goal of increasing returns while minimizing drawdown
* Automated intraday operations using Visual Basic and Excel
* Developing a graphical interface to analyze results from newly developed trading systems using Java
* Researched and understood a wide array of trading strategies
* Back-tested pending discretion trades to discover historical performance of future implementation

Tenco, Inc Chicago, IL (6/97 – 01/03)
Futures and Options Clerk

* Developed applications using Visual Basic that read a trader's position from a database and linked live inputs from the ProphetX quote system to calculate delta and gamma sensitivities.
* Developed and supported Trading Applications and Risk Analysis including CQG, ProphetX, ccMail, web applications, and Excel.
* Aided customers with the use of software and system related problems on both stand-alone and Local Area Network.
* Using a headset connected to the trading room, facilitated order entry while reporting market conditions in the CBOT open outcry corn futures pit.
* Strengthened necessary organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details
* Developed proven problem solving skills in an extremely time sensitive environment

EDUCATION

Illinois Institute of Technology · Chicago, Il
Master of Science in Financial Mathematics 2002

DePaul University · Chicago, Il
Bachelor of Science in Applied Math and Economics 2000

The following is a recommendation from my previous employer Jonathan Craven of GIC, LLC:

John was head of research and development as well as computer programming for my hedge fund. Since all our hedge fund trading strategies are based on mathematical models, John was able to step right in and immediately add value to my firm. John worked independently for the first couple years at a satellite office in Chicago. During that time he communicated directly with me. The bulk of that communication was done through emails, phone conversations and instant messaging. During that time period, he was given dates and timelines, which were met, thus helping transition our day to day operations from a manual one to a fully automated one.

John was also responsible for coming up with new trading strategies and ideas. He was able to take our brainstorming ideas, put them into mathematical models and then turn around and program them into a computer program (that he created) to test the validity of the trading ideas. One of the things I admire about John is his ability to take complex ideas, convert them into layman’s terms and then translate them into a computer model. He was also adept at taking my sometimes simplistic ideas and converting them into mathematical models that we could then test as well. John has good communication skills and was able to ask probing questions to ensure that ideas I communicated to him would be properly quantified and verified, before proceeding with the laborious, time consuming task of back-testing would commence. Another thing I admire about John is that he will search high and low for a solution to a problem. If he came across something he was not sure about, he would tell me straight up and then do the proper research and verify his premises.

How about your charges - per hour,week ?

You must have some very good systems just ready to go ?

My charges will be fair depending on the work required.

I have systems but they are proprietary and being used by last employer.

I'm really looking forward to talking with another trader and exchanging ideas and putting them to the test.

I would be interested in a customised DOM if you have developed one for Zen Fire data.

I have a few customisations in mind for the DOM and I can't seem to find any platform that presents the data quite the way I want it.