Help in amibroker

georgecheng

Anyone can advise me how to get 2 different symbol(counter) display in the same sheet. I like to compare the 2 different of them.

On top of that, once able to do that, is it possible to have the top chart in candlestick and the bottom one display as line?

I trying the whole day and can't find a solution for it.

Thanks

Anyone can advise me how to get 2 different symbol(counter) display in the same sheet. I like to compare the 2 different of them.

On top of that, once able to do that, is it possible to have the top chart in candlestick and the bottom one display as line?

Thanks
Have a look at windows layout in the user manual

Working with chart sheets and window layouts

Also look at the plot command and the stye types

Using graph styles, colors and titles in Indicator Builder

Charlton

Charlton

Hi Charlton,

Thanks for the advice, I have already tried out these method pervious, but I still hoping to seek advice if it is possible to insert chart just like indicator. If that is the only way out, i guess have to stick to that.

Nevertheless have you use this step to add 'foreign chart'. Sorry I using Amibroker version 5.0. Under the 'Chart' Tab -> Basic Chart -> select Price(foreign)

If we key in other symbol, we able to add other chart in the same window, but the chart seem to be slightly different. You happened to know the reason for it?

Thanks

Thanks

Open in two floating window, align top and bottom. you will achieve it without much problem. KISS.

Hi Charlton,

Thanks for the advice, I have already tried out these method pervious, but I still hoping to seek advice if it is possible to insert chart just like indicator. If that is the only way out, i guess have to stick to that.

Nevertheless have you use this step to add 'foreign chart'. Sorry I using Amibroker version 5.0. Under the 'Chart' Tab -> Basic Chart -> select Price(foreign)

If we key in other symbol, we able to add other chart in the same window, but the chart seem to be slightly different. You happened to know the reason for it?

Thanks

Not sure what you means of slightly different.
The foreign chart plot a different color to differentiate it or
because your two symbol had two different price value ???

Charlton

hello ,
please check this ..i think this is what you want...
index is plotted as line and stock chart as candle..you can change index [ foreign symbol ]as per your sumbol you want to use

_SECTION_BEGIN("foreign ");
Vr="^NSEI"; // foreign symbol
SetForeign(Vr);
HaC =(O+H+L+C)/4;
HaO = AMA( Ref( HaC, -1 ), 0.5 );
HaH = Max( H, Max( HaC, HaO) );
HaL = Min( L, Min( HaC, HaO) );
Pl = ParamToggle("Plot Foreign","Off,On",1);
if(Pl==1){
PlotOHLC(HaO,HaH,HaL,HaC, ""+Vr+"", colorGrey50,styleLine|styleOwnScale);
}
RestorePriceArrays();
_SECTION_END();
PlotOHLC(O,H,L,C,""+Name()+"",47,64);

Attachments

• index+stock.png
    index+stock.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,714

Thanks

You can drop a chart on a pane as you do with an indicator. Go to a new work sheet an then File>New Blank Pane. On that blank pane drag a new price chart.

If you want candles on one chart and line on another chart you need to create a new price formula to drag to the new pane. Here is one I use to color the bars red/green.

If you have the default chart (view->Price Style->Candle) set to candle and you want the chart below as a line change GetPriceStyle() to styleLine before you save the formula below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));

ShowColors = Param("Show Colors 0=No 1=Yes", 1, 0, 1, 1 );
OneBarColor = ColorRGB( 66, 66, 135 );

BarColor = IIf(ShowColors ,IIf(Close == Open, colorBlack,IIf(Close>Open,colorGreen,colorRed)), OneBarColor );
Plot( C, "Close", BarColor, styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );