CMC charges

Kevin21

Why do they charge you for just closing out a position? Sometimes they charge me 1 point, sometimes 2 or three. Whats the crack?

Why do they charge you for just closing out a position? Sometimes they charge me 1 point, sometimes 2 or three. Whats the crack?

Hello Kevin,

Could you clarify what you mean?

The usual "crack" is for in instrument to be quited at "100" with a spread of 2, hence you buy at 101 and sell at 99.

For each transaction you're charged 1 pt.

Is this what you mean?

as in the spread is 12995-13000. I go long and sell at 13015. So i should walk with 10pts, but i don't i walk with 8 every single time, and its not because i didn't get filled. They always take a point or two off me, sometimes really do feel like marching down to their dealing desk and punching them in face. I should start my own SB company and screw the pants off everyone. Thats the true road to riches.

as in the spread is 12995-13000. I go long and sell at 13015. So i should walk with 10pts, but i don't i walk with 8 every single time, and its not because i didn't get filled. They always take a point or two off me, sometimes really do feel like marching down to their dealing desk and punching them in face. I should start my own SB company and screw the pants off everyone. Thats the true road to riches.

Kevin,

Could you clarify, where does the quote "13015" come from?

Cheers,
UTB

I think I understand the problem ...dow spread is 4 on daily cash for example...depends how you have the settings...when you open a trade and look in client positions window you will see current position as -2 when you close the trade it then looks like a further 2 ...making 4....slippage though would be a whole different ball game