Best Forex Trading Times From UK (GMT)

gedward3

Established member
Hi Folks,

I keep opening demo trading accounts and continually find me having to open new accounts every month or 2 and even opening new e mails in order to practice my trading( futures) . What i am now looking to do is open a demo account with Visual Trading sytems and get some screen time trading forex. At least i can get used to different indicators and set ups to see what works best and gain experience on the screen with one trading platform.

As i work different hours each day could anyone please explain what times are the best or the most liquid to trade forex in each different time zone from the UK. Eg: Us open, US Close, Asia Open, Asia Close in (GMT).

Thanks in advance

Aussie is very active right now. I just won a of 50:1 one touches on BetaExoticBets.

EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF are both very quiet at the moment.

A good rule is that the currencies are most active during the business hours of the country which they are from (against USD and EUR).

One more thing...

If you are looking for some nice volatility look for the big news events. Non-farm payroll is usually good for some USD vol etc...

NotQuiteRandom said:
One more thing...

If you are looking for some nice volatility look for the big news events. Non-farm payroll is usually good for some USD vol etc...
Yeh coz they can really burn you! I wouldn't advise this type of trading to newbies or anyone without a decent broker who will fill you quickly. You can obviously make rucks of pips in a small timeframe if you're lucky. Personally I hate news trading.

Cheers Guys

But what times are the best to trade. Eg: 8 to 10:30am and 2 to 4:30 pm or are ther various times all day every day. Is there a website anywhere which tells you the best time to trade each different open and close and what that time is equivalent to in UK GMT

gedward3 said:
Cheers Guys

But what times are the best to trade. Eg: 8 to 10:30am and 2 to 4:30 pm or are ther various times all day every day. Is there a website anywhere which tells you the best time to trade each different open and close and what that time is equivalent to in UK GMT

Use the "Search" facility" at the top of this page. Utilise the "Knowlrdge lab" and other tabs at the tp of this page. All have information on forex including trading times etc.
If in the UK, many people trade between 7am and 9pm (London, Europe and new York).
Good luck