Yahoo.com - trade successfully ?

eezy$peezy

Hi,

This is the first of 2 questions i have which i'll put under separate threads. Take note... i'm a novice....so they may seem stupid questions !! :D

But i want to ask the more experienced of you this :

I realize there may be limitations (or not ?) and you'd advise i rather get some or other pro software ...BUT... could one trade successfully by just using the charts that one finds in the Finance pages of Yahoo.com (.co.uk) ?

eezy$peezy said:
Hi,

This is the first of 2 questions i have which i'll put under separate threads. Take note... i'm a novice....so they may seem stupid questions !! :D

But i want to ask the more experienced of you this :

I realize there may be limitations (or not ?) and you'd advise i rather get some or other pro software ...BUT... could one trade successfully by just using the charts that one finds in the Finance pages of Yahoo.com (.co.uk) ?

Hi ep
what do you intend to trade ? shares ? indices? what time frame?end of day?intra day?

Yes and No

HI
yeah its possible, it wouldnt be if you were thinking of trading intraday but longer term trading then i suppose so, but there are some good free software packages out there.. i use this one as its quite useful and contains fib levels, and has around 40 signals and indicators which is enough for me as i only use about 6 at most ever! the software is called wall street analyzer http://www.lathuy.com/ thats the website. decent software you can download the prices and volume data from www.yahoo.co.uk through the software, just make sure you know the ticker codes eg... vodafone is VOD.L then select the yahoo UK tab in the software. But if your a newbie then start here... (John C. Hull Options, Futures and Other Derivatives) (ISBN 0-13-149908-4) This is the bible.

Chio

Pietro :)

aarie5 & pietro,

Thanks for your replies !

@aarie5,

Still deciding on my plan, direction etc. But it will be based around EOD data.

eezy$peezy said:
aarie5 & pietro,

Thanks for your replies !

@aarie5,

Still deciding on my plan, direction etc. But it will be based around EOD data.

Heaps of eod out there and a lot of them free just do a google search