Open source expert advisors

hedron

Are there websites that are dedicated to open source EAs? I suspect there isn't because people are greedy and want to hog all the money for themselves and not share anything.

I guess there isn't. It's too bad. I think it would be a great idea. People could evaluate different EAs, make them better. Instead of having only a handful of people backtesting, everyone and their mother could backtest it, making the strategy better.

What do you mean by open source EA's? There are plenty of places where people swap EA's and some forums that are more specific to automated trading. Considering this is such a big forum, there isn't much sharing going on here. But the Forex TSD forum is pretty good. Very much focused on automation and lots of people sharing indicators, EA's and ideas. You could also try the mql4 codebase here MQL4 Code Base: expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts and libraries There is also stuff like myfxbook.com

I don't know why but here on T2W people seem quite reluctant to share custom indicators, EA's etc. It could because there are a lot of naysayers here ready to pounce and disrupt any thread that mentions indicators and EA's. Anyway, if you are a bit more specific with what you are looking for I may be able to help you better.

Sam.

Oh ... hm... I guess, then I must have just have had trouble searching for the right place. All the places I found were selling them.

Thanks for the info.