How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

This is a discussion on How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by malaguti I'd say wait a bit longer on your demo, if you are still positive after another ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:49pm   #57
Joined Apr 2013
Re: How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
I'd say wait a bit longer on your demo, if you are still positive after another month or two then you might have something. Dont rushwith your real money, markets will always be there tomorrow. But 1000 is a good amount. Thats how I started...after I had a good strategy that is
Yea malaguti.. i have every intention of staying with the demo for 2-3 months at least. Have made a few losses and gains (minor) and trying to act with the vitual money (25,000) as being only 1000 . Moreso trying to see which forex and shares im interested in working with, and what their pattern of highs and lows is doing over time. It can be volatile and guess work ive noticed but you have to follow and understand some patterns.
brettly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:00pm   #58
Joined Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettly View Post
Yea malaguti.. i have every intention of staying with the demo for 2-3 months at least. Have made a few losses and gains (minor) and trying to act with the vitual money (25,000) as being only 1000 . Moreso trying to see which forex and shares im interested in working with, and what their pattern of highs and lows is doing over time. It can be volatile and guess work ive noticed but you have to follow and understand some patterns.
I just hope you wont fall into the same pattern as most who think they can actually learn how to trade in a demo account. They do so good and when they go live they go bust as a demo account will not teach you how to trade.
TheLastBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:09am   #59
Joined Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBear View Post
I just hope you wont fall into the same pattern as most who think they can actually learn how to trade in a demo account. They do so good and when they go live they go bust as a demo account will not teach you how to trade.
So a real account will?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:22pm   #60

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
So a real account will?
I think what he means is; your mental approach and emotions will behave differently when trading real money as opposed to pure demo trading.
Try small stakes and observe yourself; maybe a diary will help.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:41pm   #61
Joined Jul 2012

Quote:
So a real account will?
In a real account you have the opportunity to learn how to trade. That is the only way you will learn.
TheLastBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:31pm   #62

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2013

open an account with real money and start trading. it can be opened with as little as a few thousand. you will learn much more trading real money than paper trading. find out your pain thresholds in the market.
big tymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:51pm   #63

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBear View Post
In a real account you have the opportunity to learn how to trade. That is the only way you will learn.
the real account will give you the real highs and lows of trading, but your demo should be there to test your strategy. ridiculous idea to test your strategy using a real account.
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: WR1
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:27am   #64
Joined Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
open an account with real money and start trading. it can be opened with as little as a few thousand. you will learn much more trading real money than paper trading. find out your pain thresholds in the market.
How would 1 thousand go? If you traded 1-2% per trade surely that would be enough for testing the waters. Yes you could get a bad run but then you can determine the mistakes you'd be making