How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

This is a discussion on How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; is $50 enough for a start in Forex?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:35am   #91
Joined Nov 2013
is $50 enough for a start in Forex?
trade2bpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:08am   #92
Joined Apr 2013
No. I don't think $50 is enough. Cpl of bad trades and you will have zip.
brettly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:26am   #93

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
$50 is no where near enough to start trading.. $1,000 is the bare minimum
pennystockwhizzkid is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:19pm   #94
Joined Jul 2013
Just out of interest, is there any info on average account sizes, and max account size for retail brokers?
Shadowman540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:09pm   #95

5 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
for start it is better to put small amount of money. After a year if things go well, you can put more and more.
satriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:07am   #96
Joined Jul 2014
I too agree. It's not wise to invest a lot of money right away, before you've found out just how well you do on a live account. It's just not the same, psychologically speaking, as when you trade on a demo account. Obviously the demo account is an absolutely mandatory step to trading with real money.
victoriajensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:37am   #97
Joined Feb 2015
Its totally depends on traders wealth, they can start with small amount or can invest according to their margine.
Simran_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:45pm   #98

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
depends what your purpose is. If you are trying to gain experience when you are new to trading, make sure it is enough that if you blow up it is enough for you to feel the pain. starting with a small amount and blowing up and thinking "oh its only $1000 no biggie". but if your account was $10,000 and you blow up you may freak out.

I am not a fan of paper trading. you will learn more with real money on the line than you would without the risk of a real loss. when you are paper trading you never have to worry if your trades will make money so you can eat and pay the rent.
big tymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:53pm   #99
hjg
Joined Feb 2015
That would depend on the type and size of the trade. This is a rather general question. Please provide more parameters.
hjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:44am   #100
Joined Oct 2011
yeah blowing a 10k account is a pain, but there are people that lose more than that in a single trade, and im NOT one of them /LOL
ph_trader is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:40am   #101

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Once you factor in living expenses and lifeís curve balls, itís no wonder that most traders end up failing at their dream. Itís funny in a way because most people think of trading as a risky profession, as if we are all going out trying to feed our families by playing the lottery In actuality, day trading can be a serious business and would probably have a better brand if its participants had a better understanding of the financial requirements to play the game.

If this article wasnít enough in terms of providing you with insight into your psyche, please visit our section on day trading psychology section of the site. Here you will find more articles that cover risk profiles and the emotions of trading.
gregkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:11am   #102

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
£500-£1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trade2bpro View Post
is $50 enough for a start in Forex?

I wouldn't start with such low capital. £50 is not enough to start making a sufficient amount of money. You might as well use a demo account if you're thinking of starting with £50. I would recommend to start with couple of hundreds, between £500-£1000.
This will give you something to dip your toes in the market if you're a beginner.
WJmadeit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:31pm   #103
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
money isn't the issue - its trading experience and talent that counts .........the rest is detail
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:49pm   #104
Joined Mar 2015
Start with an amount you can afford to lose. Something substantial enough so that if you lost it you be de disappointed but not enough so that it will bankrupt you. Trading comes down to dealing with your emotions and money is what drives the feelings that will ultimately make you or break you.

If you are worried about losing the money, the best way to earn whilst you learn is by following someone who is successful. Copy their trades, earn some money, learn how to be profitable then you can go it alone and have the confidence to invest whatever you are comfortable with.
richieforex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:17am   #105

9 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
I think unless you have $25000, you can't really make good money in the stock market.

Has anyone made it, let me know.