How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

This is a discussion on How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; You can xstart trading from even $100 by opening a Cent Account. In my opinion the question should be how ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:19pm   #49

Joined Jul 2010
Re: How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

You can xstart trading from even $100 by opening a Cent Account. In my opinion the question should be how much spare cash do you have, which you are ready to loose.

I have advised to use following formula when it comes to Money Management
x = y/10, where X is First Deposit in a trading Account and y is the Total amount available.

when your trading account is up by 25%, then deposit another x.

If you lost x, then start with x. this way you will have 10 chances before you will blow all your Forex Money.
ritzn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:50pm   #50

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2013

i am agree with others thread replying traders that a newbie must start frex trading with at least $100 on micro account and after making skill and learning he must start trade in real trading.this is good for a newbie because y doing so he can reduce loss in trading in the begining.
adeelyaz is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:32pm   #51

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelyaz View Post
i am agree with others thread replying traders that a newbie must start frex trading with at least $100 on micro account and after making skill and learning he must start trade in real trading.this is good for a newbie because y doing so he can reduce loss in trading in the begining.
Absolutely sure, that it should be around $100 on micro account. This is the amount that is not so painful to lose though profit won't be huge also. But the valuable real trading experience will be gained! Thanks god there is plenty of brokers offering micro accounts. LiteForex, **********, FXCM, Forex.com, etc.
Allys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:08pm   #52

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsmat View Post
I am just starting and have £5k to invest I have already decided that i will use stop losses always. Have stops set to max 2% of my account as a drawdown. All I need to do now is learn to trade and get a system going that gives me 50% winners and a 2:1 points win/loss ratio and Im in business.
At least your post shows you are at least thinking along the right lines but it's not that easy or everyone would be rich. So try the beginner threads on this site, read the live trading thread(s) and be selective in whom you read here. Then demo for a while.
Good luck.
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:26am   #53

Joined Nov 2003

I keep a balance of approximately 10 times my margin deposit requirements, no point in having any more money than necessary sat around if your not using it. Suits my trading style fine, I day trade only, aiming for 3 to 5 trades a day, with only 1 trade open at any time, gives me sufficient funds to cover 10 losing trades in a row, my largest losing sequence being 3 in a row.

Each to their own.
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:36am   #54
Joined Oct 2003

I don't think paper trading is good at all. I'm pretty sure anyone who has paper traded finds that they are quite successful in the fake world of trading but when it comes to putting their money on the line things don't seem to work out. Far better to open an account where you can trade for small amounts (not sure if some firms still offer 10p per point ) in order to experience some emotional attachment. If you're still in fear of trading at these starter rates then maybe you're in the wrong business.
mik1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:29pm   #55
Joined Apr 2013

Been trading on a demo account for only 2 weeks with very small amounts. Looking to start with real money, so just reading through this thread.. $1000 start would be the minimum? and 2-5% trades (20-50$)? Currently using Plus500 and no fees (or barely)
brettly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:39pm   #56

Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettly View Post
Been trading on a demo account for only 2 weeks with very small amounts. Looking to start with real money, so just reading through this thread.. $1000 start would be the minimum? and 2-5% trades (20-50$)? Currently using Plus500 and no fees (or barely)
I'd say wait a bit longer on your demo, if you are still positive after another month or two then you might have something. Dont rushwith your real money, markets will always be there tomorrow. But 1000 is a good amount. Thats how I started...after I had a good strategy that is
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote