How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

This is a discussion on How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; It depends on the purposes of trading. If you have an alternate source of income, then a few thousand dollars ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:52pm   #196
Joined Aug 2015
It depends on the purposes of trading. If you have an alternate source of income, then a few thousand dollars could get you started.
techite is offline Newsletter / tip sheet / trading advice vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:17pm   #197

Joined Feb 2016
In my opinion, a trader doesn't need a lot of money because he/she doesn't know how to manage them. It's better to practice a the beginning and then the trader will know the amount of money necessary for trading.
Robbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:19pm   #198

5 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
What I like about the Forex is that the price of entrance is relatively low. With good brokers, analytics and trading signals at hand you can earn some money and cope with some losses (alas, they are inevitable). But of course to make large profits you should run substantial risks...
Luckiest Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:12pm   #199

7 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
I think that initial capital is not very important. The main thing is to have a good system that will make a profit
trade2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:54am   #200
Joined Mar 2018
Though, you may make a few dollars a day which will grow your account over time. If you want an income from forex day trading, start with at least $1000, and preferably $3,000 to $5,000. This amount allows you to potentially start building a monthly income, which is what most day traders are after. It can help you to earn more.
DavidKSawyer is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:32pm   #201
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
for european brokers you will need a lot more entry capital now from july18 when the New ESMA rulings are implemented

30:1 for Forex and a lot less for other instruments

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:35pm   #202
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKSawyer View Post
Though, you may make a few dollars a day which will grow your account over time. If you want an income from forex day trading, start with at least $1000, and preferably $3,000 to $5,000. This amount allows you to potentially start building a monthly income, which is what most day traders are after. It can help you to earn more.
I find $1500 is the perfect amount for generating monthly income.You can't go wrong with that amount in your forex day trading account
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:14am   #203
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
I find $1500 is the perfect amount for generating monthly income.You can't go wrong with that amount in your forex day trading account
How much will,that generate monthly K ?

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:21am   #204
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
How much will,that generate monthly K ?

N
i was just joking mate, its an arbitrary amount. Have a good day
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:40pm   #205
Joined Apr 2018
The most expensive part of trading isn't in dollars.. it's in patience. Make sure you stock up on it!
NVendetti is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:52pm   #206

Joined Oct 2015
a million dollars would probably work for me to trade ONE NASDAQ contract. i'm not to get scared out of the trade if it goes against me a few ticks or so, keep a level head keep thinking clearly. if down "few ticks" at end of the day, i'm not going "oh fk". tommorrow better be a good day.

thats how much would work really good for me
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:56pm   #207
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
a million dollars would probably work for me to trade ONE NASDAQ contract. i'm not to get scared out of the trade if it goes against me a few ticks or so, keep a level head keep thinking clearly. if down "few ticks" at end of the day, i'm not going "oh fk". tommorrow better be a good day.

thats how much would work really good for me
You don't need to use a futures contract to trade the stock market. If you trade a position size that scares you, its your fault
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:10am   #208

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
It is not about money, it is about education and experience you need to acquire in order to be steady, profitable on your simulator first.
CSETrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:19pm   #209
Joined Mar 2018
For a good start, be sure to look out for account minimums at the brokerages you investigate. This number usually is set for a reason because it is in the brokerage's best interest to keep you trading for as long as possible to ensure that they continue to collect commissions. These minimums often are put into place to reduce the risk of you burning up your entire account in just a few trades, or even worse, getting a margin call. In the case of the latter, you would have to deposit more funds into your account in order to keep your current position open.
DavidKSawyer is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:25am   #210
Joined Jun 2018
With 15k you can make a decent start, But you are fulltime trader then you can at least invest 50000 to trade proficiently.
divyanshisharma is offline   Reply With Quote