What trigger(s) do you use to get into a trade ?

This is a discussion on What trigger(s) do you use to get into a trade ? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by rakhi123 ...Trigger Drawbacks. you mean pullbacks?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:23pm   #49
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhi123 View Post
...Trigger Drawbacks.
you mean pullbacks?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:00pm   #50

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
I've been using a combination of support/resistance levels, stochastics and MACD on the 4-hour timeframe. Currently using a demo account as i'm new to trading. I like to trade ranges as this seems to be relatively simple. What are people's thoughts on this approach?
AlexH149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:22pm   #51
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
jees i missed this thread ....perhaps in on here somewhere ...cant remember

will take a look again

well done guys

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:36am   #52
Joined Feb 2002
Entry triggers just aren't important if you've got a great set-up.

I'd like to see charts labelled up the other way round to the usual practice - instead of "Buy down here, sell up here", I'd like to see "Stop-loss here, buy above".
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:58pm   #53
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Entry triggers just aren't important if you've got a great set-up.

I'd like to see charts labelled up the other way round to the usual practice - instead of "Buy down here, sell up here", I'd like to see "Stop-loss here, buy above".
Doesn’t a set up need a trigger tom ?

Sure I get the stop loss comment ......but we have to see when to enter ?

N
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:59pm   #54
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH149 View Post
I've been using a combination of support/resistance levels, stochastics and MACD on the 4-hour timeframe. Currently using a demo account as i'm new to trading. I like to trade ranges as this seems to be relatively simple. What are people's thoughts on this approach?
Simply a trash, but glad to know you still stick to demo account. Don't rush to change demo money to live it can be painful.
Or at least reduce leverage as much as possible after making the transition.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:52pm   #55
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH149 View Post
TRading is simple ......but not easy

Stay on demos and only think about trading real cash when you are smashing regular profits .....demo is pussy cat stuff.......as soon as you go to real money the honeymoon ends

N