Which Books should a Beginner Read?

This is a discussion on Which Books should a Beginner Read? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Good to see you back, Lee Peter...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:59am   #161
Joined Sep 2008
Good to see you back, Lee

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:51pm   #162
Joined Nov 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazsy View Post
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets
This one I've read, I still think is great, maybe I'll start it again
juuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:45pm   #163
Joined Feb 2012
If an absolute beginner

If an absolute beginner an adequate understanding and scope of trading terminology and trading landscape will be lacking. To extract maximum benefit from any first book it may prove productive to first consult a basic introduction. Review Babypips School of Pipsology for suitabilty. -http://www.babypips.com/school.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:32pm   #164

Joined Aug 2003
I wouldn't consider anything having to do with Forex to be a proper introduction to the markets and to trading. Rather I suggest the following:

The Nature of Risk by Mamis
Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes by Belsky and Gilovich
The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Money & Investing by Morris et al
dbphoenix is online now Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:45pm   #165
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
I wouldn't consider anything having to do with Forex to be a proper introduction to the markets and to trading. . .
Here here!

I'd add that Phylo's post implies that forex is the only/best market to trade and that Babypips is the best place to learn how to do it. Newbies would do well to consider all available markets - not just forex - as it's a market with many downsides. Babypips won't tell you what these are as the site has a vested interest in promoting all things forex. If you want a balanced view, an absolute beginner would do far better by staying put right here on T2W.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: dbphoenix
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:33pm   #166
Joined Nov 2014
If I may...

It does not matter what you read..

If at the end you do not bring yourself forward and create a system which relates to your personality you will not make it .

Learning technique from others can be dangerous, they create convictions, concepts, especially if they give you initial positive results, than those concept are difficult to shake off, in doing so they might create further concepts.

I am not saying you should not learn from others, what I am saying is after you do, use it to find your own way, without it you will not excel in it.
Fugazsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: petetrades