Realistically, How much Money can I Expect to Make?

This is a discussion on Realistically, How much Money can I Expect to Make? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Yes successful trader will always inspiring many trader, and might also will giving motivated in their minds to continue learning ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10, 2016, 2:29pm   #76
Joined Jan 2011
Yes successful trader will always inspiring many trader, and might also will giving motivated in their minds to continue learning forex and get better result, all trader have same opportunity to become success I think
radex78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2016, 9:36am   #77
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
the 90% failure rate is far far to low.........in reality it is much more than that over time

perhaps 10% get near formulating a half decent system and perhaps start to get all the other things needed like discipline and execution in place etc etc ........but then that 10% go through attrition

decent traders still there after 5+ years making money consistently (good money not a hobby) .........1-2% max

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2016, 2:36pm   #78
Joined Jan 2011
Maybe only small percent trader that able survive and making profit consistently through forex trading, if reading many statement more than 90% get fail in forex trading and only small percent that able survive, hence without high dedication hence will hard to survive.
radex78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2016, 9:50pm   #79
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
If it was easy then anyone could do it.......so,it's not......

Be proud if you end up in the small % of winners ......you will have earned it

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2016, 8:12am   #80

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
If it was easy then anyone could do it.......so,it's not......

Be proud if you end up in the small % of winners ......you will have earned it

N
By the way, does your chance of win correlate with the amount of money you use? Like, the more the sum, the higher the probability of success? Or those making small profits are as ubiquitous as those making millions?
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:16pm   #81

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2W Bot View Post
SHORT ANSWER

Allegedly, 90% of all traders fail
This cliché is posted on the boards almost daily. It may or may not be true. Evidence to support this figure is mostly anecdotal, however, it’s certain that many who try their hand at trading quit with less money in their pockets than when they started. So, the balance of probabilities suggests that you would be wise to ‘expect’ to lose money rather than to make any. But hey, that’s a negative attitude and, besides, you’re not one of the 90% are you? No sir, let’s assume that you’re destined to join the elite 10% of profitable traders!

Now the good news
The positive spin on the ‘90% of all traders fail’ statistic is twofold:
1. Many of those that fail are ‘get rich quick’ punters who play at trading in the vein hope that they can turn £100 into a million in next to no time. If this describes you – here’s some great advice for you. . . If it’s money you can afford to lose and you want to have a laugh gambling, go to the races or take a trip to Las Vegas. It’ll be a whole lot more fun.
2. The good news is that the failure rate needs to be high in order to provide the mega profits for the 10% who succeed. In this respect, trading is a bit like the lottery. The jackpot is divided between those who have the winning numbers. The more winners there are, the smaller the cash prize that each winner receives. So, if you’re willing to put in the huge amounts of time and effort required to succeed – the upside is big. Huge. The sky’s the limit!

But . . . (there’s always a ‘but’!)
But here’s the rub. The secret to trading success is not to focus on reward, but on risk. You must minimise risk and keep your losses small. Coupled with this is the need to focus on trading really well, rather than the money you’ll make if you do. In this respect, good traders are like the best premiership footballers. First and foremost, footy stars have to focus on their training, fitness and how to excel on the field of play. The fame, money and beautiful WAGs come second.

The holy grail to success in trading is understanding and applying sound risk and money management principles. Failure to do so could be disastrous. No joke. In extreme cases, this could result in bankruptcy and loss of your house or other assets. If you've not read it already, before continuing with this FAQ; check out this sticky: Essentials Of 'Risk & Money Management'
Actually to earn in forex, you need to learn. It took me few years to start earning and make it consistently. But I still main part of my funds is managed by other trader Inna Rosputnia Lady F. I am not ready to manage all my funds. But what I know for sure trading is great business. It take a lot of time and money to become successful, but it worth it.
stevebebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:41am   #82
Joined Mar 2014
In all trading, do not focus upon what you want to gain, just have a plan to limit your loss. Anybody who tels you otherwise is a cokc.
Lands_end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:31pm   #83
Joined Sep 2016
Well First of all it depends how much is your Capt ital invested is and then you are supposed have good money management along with Following Trend. but never risk your Capital more then %2 on one trade.
FxTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:08am   #84
Joined Jul 2016
The most probable output is that you will lose all your money.
predator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:30am   #85

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Realistically speaking, it all depends on the skills and method used by the trader and its level of expertise when it comes to trading business. And keeping mind of the risk that the trading gives rather than concentrating on the money flow will help make the trading a success.
defbtwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:57pm   #86
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxTim View Post
Well First of all it depends how much is your Capt ital invested is and then you are supposed have good money management along with Following Trend. but never risk your Capital more then %2 on one trade.
In my opinion we should only risk that much capital that we can afford to loose in forex trading.
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017, 9:24am   #87

6 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
agreed! It certainly depends upon your learning and risk management ability. Take calculated risk and focus on a good trading strategy.
greg.darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017, 2:50am   #88
Joined May 2017
There is a big chance of losing your money. You should took less money as a starter.
Tendong3 is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:04am   #89
Joined May 2012
What professional FX traders make annually according to the Barclays Hedge index. They are verified accounts (audited) of professional traders managing client's money.

What is obvious - they are not remotely near the 50% to 100 % return BS claims.

Click the image to open in full size.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FXX
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:29am   #90

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
What professional FX traders make annually according to the Barclays Hedge index. They are verified accounts (audited) of professional traders managing client's money.

What is obvious - they are not remotely near the 50% to 100 % return BS claims.

Click the image to open in full size.
It's disappointing but true. Every time I mention it (same for you Brumby), you will be ignored or fought against and your words, and more to the point, the proof and evidence, will fall silently on deaf ears. People just don't want to hear it. So what do we do, we say... f**k em. I spend my time investing on me and with my family and friends, not trying to convince others.

Post up a thread that states 'make 20% a week working 1 hour a day'
or
'How to make £300-£500 per day trading the markets'
And see them all swarm like flies.

People that are 'making' (term used lightly) tens of percentage points a week/month will not last in this business. The main and only reason why so many come in to this business in the first place is because they are lazy and want to earn big bucks doing f**k all.

This is why technical trading is far easier to sell to the masses than fundamentals. Why read, read and read some more when you can just draw some lines on a chart and 'make money'.

For what it's worth, my personal ratios are just over 70% hit rate with an annual return just inside the double digits, however, that's trading a big account and is considered extremely low risk - therefore low return.

PS: Those traders returns published are very much on the low side.

Lee

If you want help/advice see here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FXX