Realistically, How much Money can I Expect to Make?

This is a discussion on Realistically, How much Money can I Expect to Make? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Brumby I agree that it is generally suicidal to use high leverage to generate high returns. Professional ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:22pm   #129
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I agree that it is generally suicidal to use high leverage to generate high returns. Professional traders as a rule use no or low leverage and target 10 - 15 % return annually to attract money.

However on the question of whether it is doable I think it is very rare. Andrea Unger demonstrated in the World Trading Championship that it can be done consistently. Not sure whether survivorship bias is involved.

Click the image to open in full size.
I have seen stats like this but it's always short lived and often aligned to great market moves. Look the years he won the cup for example.

2008 and 2009 were tumultuous times in the market with huge dollar gains in 2008 and then a reversal of those gains in 2009 followed by another swing back in 2010. All 3 of these years were one way bets in the dollar. In 2012 when things were range bound and he managed 84 percent which is still an impressive return but off the 100+ threshold.

Thinking of it now, all the amazing returns I have read about have been around major market crisis. The thing is they are not that common and you will be pushed to find someone achieve those gains in steady market conditions without being leveraged to their teeth. I accept I might be wrong here but that is because I am open minded and have yet to see evidence. If someone made 100+ percent consistently year in year out I am sure that person would be the richest man on the planet and we would all know about it.

How's your year going so far? I have been trading a little less due to work but making good progress.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:03pm   #130
Joined Feb 2018
Very informative, thank you
EddyJones is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:35pm   #131
Joined Oct 2017
Attached Thumbnails
sumarry.png  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUK...Dj5LaeRDvChGuw
RachasfromPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:19am   #132

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Interesting i must say. Although i do not know much about Futures, he must be an A+ trader to make such fantastic results year in year out. I would have loved to see and interact with one that can achieve same results in Forex trading though.
Thank you
Golgothafx is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:15pm   #133
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachasfromPortugal View Post
this looks fantastic, well done
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote