How Difficult is it to Trade?

This is a discussion on How Difficult is it to Trade? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by piphoe Darn near impossible. The learning curve is brutal, hesitate to say even that because implies that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:24am   #113
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Darn near impossible. The learning curve is brutal, hesitate to say even that because implies that its 'learnable' at all. Not like becoming a doctor, accountant, a plumber or electrician. Nothing like da da da da da, memorize THIS and you know your stuff. Go make $ Nope.

Biggest problem I have in a trade is not the loosers, I know those. It's the WINNERS! Where do I get out?

I know what your saying, "that's a nice problem to have"?

Well,

Stay in too long give it all back. and then some is a real issue I struggle with.

got to know when to get out your winners as well your loosers!

got to know both sides of YOUR coin, fear & greed (loosres & winners)

they both tug at you all day everyday!

i overcome the fear part, working on the greed part.

Do you have something that tells you when to get out of a losing trade? If so, then why not something that tells you when to take profit?

Do you have a trading plan? If not, then this would help to make those profit taking decisions for you.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:44am   #114
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Darn near impossible. The learning curve is brutal, hesitate to say even that because implies that its 'learnable' at all. Not like becoming a doctor, accountant, a plumber or electrician. Nothing like da da da da da, memorize THIS and you know your stuff. Go make $ Nope.

Biggest problem I have in a trade is not the loosers, I know those. It's the WINNERS! Where do I get out?

I know what your saying, "that's a nice problem to have"?

Well,

Stay in too long give it all back. and then some is a real issue I struggle with.

got to know when to get out your winners as well your loosers!

got to know both sides of YOUR coin, fear & greed (loosres & winners)

they both tug at you all day everyday!

i overcome the fear part, working on the greed part.
alongside the other comment in I would also look to split your contracts .................you can then peel out of a position as you make more and more profit.........50% of something is better than 100% of nothing if the trade spikes back on you

also take a look here re exits ........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ex-market.html

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote