How Difficult is it to Trade?

This is a discussion on How Difficult is it to Trade? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by piphoe I don't know how anyone can apportion 80% of successful trading to psychology alone. Suggests that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:40am   #136
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
I don't know how anyone can apportion 80% of successful trading to psychology alone. Suggests that a valid edge is only one-fifth of success? The better my edge the less i need emotional fortitude. Your mind can be a steel trap but you will lose winning only 1 out of 5 trades where your (strong)mind is holding on to losing trades. Discretionary traders ie those that are not coded may need a stronger psyche to handle the drawdowns because they can't objectively define where its all going wrong.

I apportion discretionary successful trading at worst 70% edge/30% psyche.
“80 percent of success is due to psychology—mindset, beliefs, and emotions—and only 20 percent is due to strategy—the specific steps needed to accomplish a result”

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...+20+psychology
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:23pm   #137
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post
When EVERYONE starts to BTFD!
Come on get with the programme.
If everyone buys the dip , it works
Old May 7, 2017, 9:36am   #138
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
If everyone buys the dip , it works
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...s-trading.html

Buying the dips in the indexes makes profitable traders.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...ml#post2902684

Trading is very easy and very simple .Just get a set and forget strategy , on the stockmarket for free .It will take you a few days to devise , at zero cost and you wil get financial freedom.It avoids the snake oil of market timing , psychological wired to lose handicap and is very easy to learn.

Sorry!The money trees are sold out.

But it is here for free , look out here soon for free stockmarket strategy.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:13pm   #139

Joined Feb 2016
I'm not going to brag, it was hard to start forex trading for me. There were so many difficult things, I thought I would never be able to get the hang of them. But now, after soem time, everything is not that scary.
hscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:25pm   #140

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...s-trading.html

Buying the dips in the indexes makes profitable traders.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...ml#post2902684

Trading is very easy and very simple .Just get a set and forget strategy , on the stockmarket for free .It will take you a few days to devise , at zero cost and you wil get financial freedom.It avoids the snake oil of market timing , psychological wired to lose handicap and is very easy to learn.

Sorry!The money trees are sold out.

But it is here for free , look out here soon for free stockmarket strategy.
i miss fl what happened to him? he was awesome, fun to read

didn't believe everything he said, and didn't disbelieve everything but damn was fun reading it anyway

Last edited by piphoe; Nov 28, 2017 at 6:30pm.
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:51am   #141
Joined Nov 2017
everyone is talking about buying at the dips, but the problem is, how do you know it is a dip, or halfway falling?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:04pm   #142

Joined Oct 2015
"Futures make us rich" yep.

LOL
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:23am   #143
Joined Nov 2017
definitely!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:18pm   #144
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilly View Post
everyone is talking about buying at the dips, but the problem is, how do you know it is a dip, or halfway falling?

You cannot be 100% certain but there are things you can do to protect yourself -

* make sure it is an uptrend you're hoping to enter; pre-define what an uptrend for your strategy would look like - make sure all those features are visible;

* check this is the best uptrend available from the markets you follow; pre-define what "best" for your strategy would look like;

* make sure the dip itself does not break the uptrend;

* don't buy at the low of the dip, set a buy order above the low using TA to show an entry level that means price is probably going to continue rising;

* set a stop-loss below the low of the dip; this should be where price tells you the trend is now broken if it reaches it;

* plan what you will do when the trade reaches break-even; you can hold on, you can move the stop to protect gains, you can pyramid with another trade, etc. but the time to know which is before it happens;

* check what related charts are doing - e.g. if considering buying an equity, is its index also rising?

Don't miss a good opportunity because you don't have perfect information.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:57pm   #145
Joined Oct 2008

It is unbelievably easy. It really is!!!

Before you learn to trade it is impossible, very hard. But once you have got it. It is very, very easy, like taking candy from a baby.

But what gets you from one point to another??
I don't really know?
Part of it is to chill the F*ck out. And to know that your trading decisions are fine, to believe in yourself. Be arrogant and very humble at the same time. But this only comes with plenty of trading years.

Like a runner who makes a race look easy. It was easy for him, but only because of the years of training and effort leading up to the race.

You have to realise that just as easily as the market can take your money, You can take the markets money. Then don't stand for any sh*t.

EDIT: You have to control yourself otherwise the market will control you.
Goodbye T2W

Last edited by Jason101; Dec 2, 2017 at 4:57pm.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd , Quantt